Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This past weekend, I heard there were super strong currents, rain. And 50ft vis, and fantastic diving if you could handle the topside conditions of rain and wind.
….looks like the ‘place to be’ when everything else is questionable…me, I am still emerging back into my SCUBA activity. Still, very enticing.😁🤿

Now 66 years old with over 500 dives. First completed open water cert in 1996. Completed TDI ANDP just last year and just returned from Vanuatu deco diving on the SS President Coolidge. Still planning to learn more this year but sticking to warm water.

Certified at the age of 13 , I am now 57.
I do some recreation and tech Ocean dives but mostly dive caves.
I do 4 or 5 dives a month.

I’m 68 and started when I was 13. Gave it up in my late 20’s for career family, etc. and got back into it four years ago to enjoy for retirement. Advanced, Deep, Wreck and Nitrox certified since getting back into it. Can’t get enough of it. Live in upstate NY (Syracuse) so most of my diving is in Lake Ontario and St Lawrence River June through Sept/Oct. Done some Keys and Fla east coast drift dives. Going to Bahamas for first time in March and can’t wait.
Congrats, I too am im Syracuse and would love to have you at a local dive anytime.
We dive skaneateles frequently, as well as the st. Lawrence!

Congrats, I too am im Syracuse and would love to have you at a local dive anytime.
Cool, dude…I go out your way from time-to-time as a friend has a river cottage S. Of B-ville in Memphis on the River Road near DairyAire ‘organic’ dairy farm. At my age w/my self imposed limitations, it’s kinda out of my league now. I do however love to ‘roam’ the dive shops when I visit. …dude running the shop near the Wegmans was kinda ‘out there’ 🤔🤣.…stay in touch and stop by Lunkenheimers Craft Brewery sometime. Great refreshments and they have a pizza oven.😁.

Ahhh, yes …. If you haven’t yet, ‘Lunkenheimers’ in Weedsport is a great setting for ‘post-dive’ gatherings. …. BTW…tried to ‘maybe dive’ the Seneca River at my friends dock two summers ago….shallow, narrow busy channel, and rife with water chestnuts and chestnut vines. YOWCH!!! Best I could do, a dirty attempt at a ‘snorkle session’ didn’t get a good chance to even breathe on 40 cf ‘pony’ 🤬😳. 🫢🤣LOL…BIG TIME,!!

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 12
75, been diving 22 years. Since we moved to Montana, all our diving is done a couple times a year in the Caribbean. PADI MSDT, although I also stopped teaching when we moved.

Back
Top Bottom