Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many in the over 50 category (just got there myself) - especially in tech, cave and pro ranks…. I’m diving since 1996, finished teaching tec 50 (Extended range, not tech for fifty-year olds) to a 60 year old doctor this year…. We did some great deco dives in NY and Florida.

Just turned 65, been diving since 17 sooooo 48 years? Wife JUST got certified and she LOVES diving. We live in GA so frequent Keys and fresh water springs trips. Cozumel and freediving with whale sharks planned for July!

Two days ago, the new 312M record was done by a 56 yo guy :)
he also decided not to pursue the record any further...

^^^ LOL.. give it a year!
I wore my 5mm with a LavaCore vest and was good for about an hour. Will be adding more thermal for the next dive!

…how’s the ‘vis’ with all of the storms beginning down that way…just curious as i want to come that way sometime soon.
This past weekend, I heard there were super strong currents, rain. And 50ft vis, and fantastic diving if you could handle the topside conditions of rain and wind.

…how’s the ‘vis’ with all of the storms beginning down that way…just curious as i want to come that way sometime soon.

This old fart did 2 dives this weekend at BHB with crazy strong SW winds Sat & heavy rain Sun. Water temp 74, viz 30-50. Fantastic dives.

Also got in an afternoon 2-dive charter Sat as well.

In total 6h24m bottom time Sat & Sun. 😁

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom