Accident at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roadkils

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bob,

Were you up at Gilboa during the time of the accident this past weekend?

Dwight

roadkils:
Bob,

Were you up at Gilboa during the time of the accident this past weekend?

Dwight
We got there about 1.5 hrs after the incident, and a bit after they were transported out. The ones that aided in the recovery were getting things back in order and preparing for their own dives then.

My writeup

How's it going Dwight? Long time no see!

wb416:
Was released yesterday sometime.

A small sliver of good news that unfortunately doesn't erase such a horrible accident.

Bob ... thanks also for giving us insight into how Mike has taken this. I can see how these accidents have to just eat him up. Certainly nothing that he's responsible for, but I'm sure that doesn't help a bit.

Divin'Hoosier:
A small sliver of good news that unfortunately doesn't erase such a horrible accident.

Bob ... thanks also for giving us insight into how Mike has taken this. I can see how these accidents have to just eat him up. Certainly nothing that he's responsible for, but I'm sure that doesn't help a bit.

Mike's had a rough couple of days... most of you see a quarry owner that's hard as nails with a reputation for wrestling a bear (really!!) or yelling about speed limits... but he's a big softy and things like this really crush him when they happen. He just wants everyone to be able to go home to their loved ones safely, whether that means enforcing strict diving guidelines or going 5 mph through the campgrounds.

Thanks for your concern... he needs to know that people care.

Hi Bob,

It has been a while. I haven't been up to Gilboa in quite some time. When I first read there was a double fatality at Gilboa, I thought of you guys. I was happy that you and your crew were not involved but sad for Mike and the dive community.

We will be diving at Joe's on the 12th if you are interested! We will just be diving singles as I have sold off all of my tech gear.

Let me know if you are interested.

Best,

Dwight

roadkils:
Hi Bob,

It has been a while. I haven't been up to Gilboa in quite some time. When I first read there was a double fatality at Gilboa, I thought of you guys. I was happy that you and your crew were not involved but sad for Mike and the dive community.

We will be diving at Joe's on the 12th if you are interested! We will just be diving singles as I have sold off all of my tech gear.

Let me know if you are interested.

Best,

Dwight

I just stuck it on the calendar!

Cool. We'll talk as the 12th gets a little closer.

Dwight

Back
Top Bottom