Accident at Cave Excursions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen:
Do yourself and the rest of us here on the Scubaboard a favor.

Slip on your loafers and leave your office cubical, get into your Yugo, drive to cave excursions and set down with Bill (the owner), like I did, speak with the DOT, OSHA and the local Sheriffs department.

Then come back with your facts and let us know what you found. I can set up all the meetings for you with one phone call.

If you want the anwer that bad, do some work to get it.

Other than that, your just speculating and coming up with ZERO facts.

I dont need to BS you, your life and opinions mean less than ZERO to me.

My life and opinion means more than ZERO to me and that's all that matters.
O2 , fuel, and spark= boom please tell me I'm wrong.

novadiver:
You're wrong.

A fire requires four components.

• Fuel
  • Oxygen
  • Ignition/Heat source
  • Sustained chemical reaction
Remove any of the four and you snuff out the fire.

See the fire tetrahedon at http://www.firesafe.org.uk/html/firetria.htm

novadiver:
You would do well to listen to Curt. I should only hope to know 1/3 of what he knows about diving with the tme I have left. I've never meet the man but from what I've read and heard about Curt his opinion desires respect.
Fred

Ok, its Aug 17, The accident happened over 2 weeks ago. Has any official release on the accident been made public as of today?

fgray1:
You would do well to listen to Curt. I should only hope to know 1/3 of what he knows about diving with the tme I have left. I've never meet the man but from what I've read and heard about Curt his opinion desires respect.
Fred

Sense Curt said my opinion and life mean less than zero to him, My respect for him has gone up . At least I know were I stand, and that I can respect. I wish he would have stayed on line longer to answer a few questions. Like was the tank tested for SUMMIT DSC 125, and who ,if anyone , had wool or woolblend clothes on. I try not to start trouble here ,but I do have some valid questions. My statement about O2 cleaning and the sticker is a valid question. If that was my tank I'm sure I would have to answer some hard questions about this subject

No disrespect intended to anyone.

This thread was to be about FACTS, and not about speculation nor about insults. Can we keep it this way?
If not take it else where.

Chuck

fmw625:
Ok, its Aug 17, The accident happened over 2 weeks ago. Has any official release on the accident been made public as of today?

No and I dont expect one soon. Remember, its America where everyone is looking to sue whom ever they can.

All the reports will be held by the examining parties until all legal battles have been solved. I would bet it could take years, while the rest of us do not know all the facts and more lives could be in danger, if it was truely failure because of the aluminum alloy. But that is the price we pay for living in the USA.

Sad isnt it.

novadiver:
I beleave a flash fire does not need the sustained chemical reaction your speaking of

Thats correct, thats why it went out on its own. One of the sides of the triangle was removed, such as fuel.

Remember, Oxygen does not burn, it contributes to the burning process.

Even the smallest amounts of fuel, such as oil from the divers hands on the outside of the cylinder could have caused an explosive reaction with the high percentages of oxygen and high flow escaping from the cylinder.

The fire went out because it ran out of quick fuel.

Curt Bowen:
Thats correct, thats why it went out on its own. One of the sides of the triangle was removed, such as fuel.

Remember, Oxygen does not burn, it contributes to the burning process.

Even the smallest amounts of fuel, such as oil from the divers hands on the outside of the cylinder could have caused an explosive reaction with the high percentages of oxygen and high flow escaping from the cylinder.

The fire went out because it ran out of quick fuel.

hey Curt I hope I didn't piss you off ! no disrespect was intended. can you tell me if anyone had on wool or woolblend clothes,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom