Accident at Alki Cove 1 today -- PLEASE read the links [Links are fixed]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His sister has posted on her blog and in comments on our reports that his mother has decided to move him into long-term care for now. I am posting an update on our site tonight for readers who do not check back on comments, since the previous updates are now a couple of days old. I had asked her if there was anything the community could be asked to do, to contribute to medical bills or whatever, and she said yes, but has not yet sent information on a fund or PayPal type of link .. we will publish an update on whenever that happens. One of the most recent comments on our second report, which I will excerpt in the post I am putting up shortly, is from someone identifying himself as the victim's boss, saying he's a great guy and always been a terrific worker.

Tracy @ West Seattle Blog

Sorry to read it didn't get better for the fellow, but it wasn't for lack of best efforts on the rescuers. :thumb:

I've thot about cutting back to the middle DAN Dive insurance program as the top one seems a bit more than I might need in an unexpected accident, but I think I'll stay with the top one now. I certainly hope the injured diver had it.

Lila has posted that her brother died last night. Her post also includes a PayPal link for help with medical/funeral costs.
Lila Tran: Final Update About My Brother
Hope I am not back here posting about coverage of a tragedy any time soon ... you guys all take care.

Please stay safe out there! We take risks in life but we never feel it will be us on the short end. It is sad that a family will never be the same. Keep calm and think in everything you do and you should be fine.
My prayers are with you all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom