Accessing Dive Info on the UEMIS SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Dirkhh,

I've been able to run some tests with the java application and the parser.

With the new version of the parser, I've been able to figure out that there was some shift between the dive and the divelogs files.

When I use the java file, I need to extract the dive number 20 and the dive log number 22 to get the same dive data.

And when I use the parser on the extracted dive, I'm getting the following result from your parser:

D:\DS\jcbettinelli\Downloads\Uemis\uemis>parse_uemis.exe dive20.SDA
Creating files dive20.xml divelog20.xml
object_id / internal dive number:
dive20.SDA: 20
divelog20.SDA: 23
Time stamps:
dive20.SDA: 2009-10-07T19:03:08
divelog20.SDA: 2009-10-07T19:03:08

Matching XML files can be found at
http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/8389/dive
http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/8389/divelog

That would mean that the shift is not even the same on the computer and in the files, or I may have understood something incorrectly.

I've only tried with two dives for now, but I'll keep trying.

I have attached the two dives to the message.

And thank you all for what you are doing here. This is more than appreciated.

View attachment Dives_JCB.zip

Thanks for trying this - this is another data point that seems to imply that the <tt>logfilenumber</tt> in the dive.SDA file matches the <tt>object_id</tt> in the divelog file.
I think the easiest way to deal with this would be to have a single operation extract both files - use the number to pick the diveXXX.SDA file and then automatically grab the matching divelog.SDA file.

You're on Windows it seems - which of course is the OS I know the least about. But maybe I can still wrap this all into one... it'll take me a few days before I have time to play with this, though.

Of course TNT is working on not using the java files at all, so that might be even easier once this works.

Hello Dirkhh,

I've been able to run some tests with the java application and the parser.

With the new version of the parser, I've been able to figure out that there was some shift between the dive and the divelogs files.

When I use the java file, I need to extract the dive number 20 and the dive log number 22 to get the same dive data.

And when I use the parser on the extracted dive, I'm getting the following result from your parser:

D:\DS\jcbettinelli\Downloads\Uemis\uemis>parse_uemis.exe dive20.SDA
Creating files dive20.xml divelog20.xml
object_id / internal dive number:
dive20.SDA: 20
divelog20.SDA: 23
Time stamps:
dive20.SDA: 2009-10-07T19:03:08
divelog20.SDA: 2009-10-07T19:03:08

Matching XML files can be found at
http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/8389/dive
http://www.uemis.com/en/sda_logbook/data_src/8389/divelog

That would mean that the shift is not even the same on the computer and in the files, or I may have understood something incorrectly.

I've only tried with two dives for now, but I'll keep trying.

I have attached the two dives to the message.

And thank you all for what you are doing here. This is more than appreciated.

View attachment 104335

I am also hoping work is continuing on this project, any chance of an update? A description of how to setup your own uemis webpage would also be appreciated.

Yes, work on this continues, but along a different path.
We have a tool to get the data from the uemis SDA. It's in java (YUCK) but it works. And we have a couple of ways to get the data from there to a dive log program.
One way is the parse_uemis program that I worked on for a while and that has been posted earlier in this thread. That allows you to create an XML file that DivingLog (among others) can read.
Also, Subsurface | A simple dive log in C can read the SDA file created by a slightly modified java downloader directly (if you are interested in playing with subsurface and need the modified downloader, please contact me).
And finally, TNT is working on adding full uemis support to libdivecomputer which will allow DivingLog, MacDive and subsurface to all access the dive information directly from the SDA.

News about misalignment between divennnn and divelognnn ?
Dirk, do you think the problem will be solved with a new version of parse_uemis or with the new utility from TNT ?

uemis.com site has been down for 2 days now, hope we have something soon ...

Hi Dirk,

i need urgently this software for my uemis sda. Please send a link or the software.

best regardsfrom hamburg/germany rolli

Yes, work on this continues, but along a different path.
We have a tool to get the data from the uemis SDA. It's in java (YUCK) but it works. And we have a couple of ways to get the data from there to a dive log program.
One way is the parse_uemis program that I worked on for a while and that has been posted earlier in this thread. That allows you to create an XML file that DivingLog (among others) can read.
Also, Subsurface | A simple dive log in C can read the SDA file created by a slightly modified java downloader directly (if you are interested in playing with subsurface and need the modified downloader, please contact me).
And finally, TNT is working on adding full uemis support to libdivecomputer which will allow DivingLog, MacDive and subsurface to all access the dive information directly from the SDA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom