Abu Dhabi Local Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pullmyfinger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be moving to Abu Dhabi in a few months and wanted to ask about local diving options.

Among the dive shops in town, which is the best bet for O2 fills?

For quicker access weekend dives, what are some good options? I've dived on the east coast during a short visit a couple of years ago; for those that live in Abu Dhabi, what do you suggest for typical weekend dives?

Are there any DPV divers in the area (Abu Dhabi or Dubai)?

Also, who do you recommend for a boat operator?

Thank you for any suggestions.

V/R,
Mitch

Hi Mitch

PM me when you get into town, we can talk face to face. I have been here for 14 years but I have only recently come back to diving. I dive with the Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club that is affiliated with BSAC. I am a member of The Club which hosts the Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club.

GJS

Thank you Skulmoski,

I will definitely do so.

Cheers,
Mitch

@Pullmyfinger

Hi Mitch

The UAE has a few Clubs. The BSAC club in Abu Dhabi, DSDC (BSAC) in Dubai and Sharjah BSAC 406.

I'm part of DSDC, we have a boat on the West (Dubai Coast) for those who like wrecks, and a boat on the East coast in Fujeriah for those who like critters.

We also run monthly Dhow trips up to the Mussandam for those (like myself) who prefer the bigger stuff. So far this year we've had Mola Mola's and Whalesharks as the highlights. A number of us also go commercial with Sheesa Beach for extra Mussandam diving

Can't speak for the others but certainly we in DSDC have a number of DPV driver. My wife and I both have Dive X Sierra's Mainly the DPV's get used in the Mussandam.

Certainly within the UAE you'll get to dive the way you want too - there are a number of commercial operations and some technical groups (The deepest is a U Boat at 115m)

Feel free to also PM me when you get here and we can always take you out diving

I am usually diving the east coast, generally better visibility and more interesting dive sites than the west coast IMHO, although it is a bit of a schlep from AUH, but many people do it.

Fair few tech divers running out of Fujairah, and Coastal Technical Diving is about to re-open at the beginning of April under new ownership, which will be interesting.

DD I am not sure that DSDC have had a boat running over on the east coast for some time. I have been diving from a couple of other boats owned by Angus and Stephen.

@Searcaigh

You're right. The East coast boat has been at mine inDXB for a while having a complete overhaul inc new Engines. We overcome the Dubai red tape finally And had a successful test in DXB today (flat calm) and it'll be out diving again next weekend with me.

Been a long time out of the water DD, good to hear that you have finally managed to get it back all together.

Hi Guys,

My name is Nick, I have the HSE SCUBA qualification but haven't yet converted it to a BSAC or PADI equivalent, I am hoping to do that later this year.

Due to depression my weight has ballooned up to 162kg and so I haven't dived for about 5 years. I just had a gastric bypass operation last week to enable me to lose a lot of weight and get back to diving, in fact in my first week I have lost 7kg.

I am hoping to be in a dive weight by October so I would love to start diving about that time, I am hoping my log books and regs will be coming out here in June, anything else I'll get here or rent.

Any suggestions on the best way to get back into it and how to convert to a BSAC or PADI recognized qualification. I am considering taking the Rescue Diver Course with a small refresher before hand as I am equivalent to Advanced Open Water according to what I wass told doing my HSE course.

I am so excited about the idea of getting back to being a bubble head.

Anyone local feel free to drop me a PM.

I have a work colleague who is an Aussie who is PADI Open Water qualified and looking to get some diving in too, he will join me in October but if there is someone out there looking for a dive partner I am sure he'd get in the water sooner.

Thanks for reading.

Nick

Gents,

Thank you for the information about diving in the area.

I will be in touch soon.

Cheers,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom