Abnormally Cold Vacation diver in Cali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're on the budget, buy dual use undergarments that you can use elsewhere. Pretty much anything that is tight athleisure will work in Cali. You're not diving 30F waters.

$800 is $300-350 more than a solid 7mm wetsuit that will last and keep you warm, not an Amazon Belize vacation special. If it were me, I'd save up.
It's a tough decision, and I was there once. I was only getting 20 minutes dives in before I was very uncomfortable cold. Over the following 3 years I spent a total of approximately ~$1000 on 3 drysuits. Learned quite a bit. I eventually bought a Neosport farmer john 7mm wetsuit, which also keeps me decently warm, though I use it infrequently to keep it "puffed up".

Seaskin with no options and just happened to time it when the gbp to usd dollar conversion was optimal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom