Abc Nightline Bushman's Hole Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter:
You can buy the dvd at http://www.abcnewsstore.com for 29.95 plus shipping. I just ordered a copy, after seeing it last night I had to have it.

OUCH! 30$ for a 1 hour news special they played for free last night? No wonder the RIAA and MPAA thinks they are losing 100,000,000,000$ a year to pirates. They probably count each mp3 as 50$ each.

For 10$ I would have ordered it. for 30$ I think I'll do some digging.

Ben

bp_968:
OUCH! 30$ for a 1 hour news special they played for free last night? No wonder the RIAA and MPAA thinks they are losing 100,000,000,000$ a year to pirates. They probably count each mp3 as 50$ each.

For 10$ I would have ordered it. for 30$ I think I'll do some digging.

Ben

Nope....it's only 30 minutes long.

Hyper-limits:
I also just finish reading the article in Outside, very good for a none diving publication.

there is a short video of Dave last dive here.

www.inspired-training.com

under tech video

cheers

Al

That was the helmet cam video from the fateful dive that everyone has been wanting to see. Very creepy, but it didn't really reveal much.

I saw the 20/20 piece, but have not read the article. Maybe I don't have enough info, but on Shaw's initial dive where he discovers the body, he clips a line to the body and over to the descent line (I guess). When he gets back to the surface on that dive, why not haul the body up? He had already altered his dive to clip the body on. I also don't get why the big production of putting the body in a body bag. It's already in a wet suit. Why not get the body up and bag it at the surface. Again, I don't know the whole story, but it seems like a mission to add complications and emotions that didn't need to exist to bring that body up.

gregconn:
When he gets back to the surface on that dive, why not haul the body up? He had already altered his dive to clip the body on. I also don't get why the big production of putting the body in a body bag. It's already in a wet suit. Why not get the body up and bag it at the surface. Again, I don't know the whole story, but it seems like a mission to add complications and emotions that didn't need to exist to bring that body up.

When he found the body he was near his planned bottom time and every minute he spent at depth meant another hour of decompression. The article also said he tried to lift him and he didn't move, the guys tanks were embedded in the mud underneath him and during this Shaw started panting from exertion. The reason they used a body bag was because the forensics experts weren't sure but guessed the corpse would be mostly bone. Shaw decided he'd better try to get the body into a body bag for the trip to the surface or risk having it fall apart.

davsholm423:
When he found the body he was near his planned bottom time and every minute he spent at depth meant another hour of decompression. The article also said he tried to lift him and he didn't move, the guys tanks were embedded in the mud underneath him and during this Shaw started panting from exertion. The reason they used a body bag was because the forensics experts weren't sure but guessed the corpse would be mostly bone. Shaw decided he'd better try to get the body into a body bag for the trip to the surface or risk having it fall apart.

I see. Thanks for the response. I better read the article.

ciret:
Yeah, I saw the 20/20 too. I like the Myth Busters punching sharks :)

I dive with the bamboo reef guys all the time. I am kind of pissed at them for not telling me Karrie was going to be in the store!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom