Aahhh! Too Many stickies!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
I'll put all pertinent info about the Wrinkles dive in the first post and continue to update it as new details become available in the thread. In essense the first post will become a synopsis of the rest of the info on the Wrinkles Dive.
Great idea :cool:

headhunter:
So for step one, I'll do nothing for a day and see how it goes.

Christian
Do you need help, or a stunt double? I frequently do nothing extremely well. :eyebrow: I think you do so much for us all, with such grace and style, that you should have "do nothing" intervals just so the rest of us can catch up.
Appreciatively yours,
Claudette

headhunter:
Although I may have this wrong, it sounds like people are drawing a line between commercial and non-commercial events.

I don't think one can argue very effectively that the Wrinkles Dive is a non-event. It is, however, a non-commercial event. (Although, we may use commercial entities to accomplish the dive event.)

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say! Thanks for sifting the wheat from the chaff.

headhunter:
I think that tatonkadive and Rouky make some very good points though. I'm happy to see them and others giving some feedback even though they are fairly new to the forum. Participation is one of the things that I think makes the SoCal forum such a cool place.

My thoughts exactly.

headhunter:
PhotoTJ makes an interesting point as well. Popular threads are never too far away.

Sounds good, lets run with it.

Thanks Christian, and others for their ideas and suggestions.

John-Boy

Speaking of stickies. The "Who are you. Picture please" thread is no longer sticky.

Is this one that you would all like "stuck" or "unstuck"?

Christian

I vote that the "Picture Please" sticky thread be deleted completely, and EVERYONE be required to use their photo as an avatar. Like it's a law or something. Christian, can moderators arrest people?

Except ShakaZulu, of course. He's above the law on this one. Goes without saying.

But ESPECIALLY Dr. Jet, 'cuz his avatar is way too kinky for me.

mccabejc:
I vote that the "Picture Please" sticky thread be deleted completely, and EVERYONE be required to use their photo as an avatar. Like it's a law or something. Christian, can moderators arrest people?

Except ShakaZulu, of course. He's above the law on this one. Goes without saying.

But ESPECIALLY Dr. Jet, 'cuz his avatar is way too kinky for me.
Actually, I think it's fun being able to just look at everyone in that thread without having to click on each person's profile.

Maybe Shaka can put up a picture of himself wearing that woman's wetsuit he wore for a year without realizing it.

At least Dr. Jet aka "chorizo" doesn't have any pictures of himself in that wetsuit that earned him the name in the first place.

With an accent from the movie Fargo: So Jim... I guess that's one vote against making the picture thread sticky then.

Christian

headhunter:
Speaking of stickies. The "Who are you. Picture please" thread is no longer sticky.

Is this one that you would all like "stuck" or "unstuck"?

Christian

Actually, it would be nice to have both the Roll Call and the Picture Please tied together somehow, in an easily accessible location. I don't think it has to be stickied, but it would be nice to be able to click to it and get the name and/or photo quickly. I don't know if it can be done, but it's a thought.

John-Boy

krowsea:
Actually, it would be nice to have both the Roll Call and the Picture Please tied together somehow, in an easily accessible location. I don't think it has to be stickied, but it would be nice to be able to click to it and get the name and/or photo quickly. I don't know if it can be done, but it's a thought.

John-Boy
Good thought. I like the idea of both the Roll Call and Pictures being sticky. This way, when we are either looking for a buddy or trying to figure out what a buddy looks like when we arrive at a dive site we have an easy reference.

I've got a link in each entry on the Roll Call to each person's profile. If they have a pic in their profile, I think that's the easiest way to see what they look like one at a time if you were going to meet someone for a dive, for instance. For a large gathering, like a Wrinkles Dive, it would be nice to simply have a separate thread that we can scroll through.

Maybe a simple link from the Roll Call to the Picture thread would be good. We could even add a few words about why we have the Picture thread and that a post could be deleted or edited in the future if they want to change the picture.

Likewise, at the top of the Picture thread we could put a note that says, "To see a complete list of SoCal members look at our SoCal Roll Call.

For me, it's all about making this forum the best place available for people to get together with other people and actually go diving. It's all about "dive madness". :crafty:

Christian

I'm trying to get all this straight.
Could we do 1 Sticky with all the wrinkles dives. We can organize it by month, top of the list would be the next dive in our case Dec., Put all the links to the threads about it and a quick synopsis of whats going on as that info is available. So you'd put Date, Time, Place and any pertinent info about what would be going on. Don't need to elaborate because thats what the threads are for. Then after the december info put links and any info for the following months that there are threads in the main board.

As soon as the Dec. dive is done, delete that section and move the january thread to the top of the first post in the sticky.

Oh ya, make sure at least the date of the next dive is in the title of the thread. Seeing the date in the thread title is a good reminder.

sb_diver:
I'm trying to get all this straight.
Could we do 1 Sticky with all the wrinkles dives. We can organize it by month, top of the list would be the next dive in our case Dec., Put all the links to the threads about it and a quick synopsis of whats going on as that info is available. So you'd put Date, Time, Place and any pertinent info about what would be going on. Don't need to elaborate because thats what the threads are for. Then after the december info put links and any info for the following months that there are threads in the main board.

As soon as the Dec. dive is done, delete that section and move the january thread to the top of the first post in the sticky.

Oh ya, make sure at least the date of the next dive is in the title of the thread. Seeing the date in the thread title is a good reminder.
I guess great minds think alike! :wink:

I think what you have described is exactly what I just did. I see you've posted in the new sticky thread, so you may not have seen that before you posted this.

We'll look forward to any new input you may have on how to improve what we have up now.

We'll most likely streamline the process as we go.

Thanks for taking the time to think it through!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom