AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI beginning November 5th the flight from DFW (AA 1256) is departing at 10:35 AM as opposed to around 12:30 PM. This is the traditional time for this flight but was advanced a couple hours about 3 years back to accommodate west coast connections.

That's correct.
We're now forced to stay the night. (Flying out/in PDX).
Better than our good friends at United who cancelled everything but Saturday arrivals and departures to CZM.

Edit to Add: Don't really mind. We can take another day off, spend $65.00 and will arrive feeling less drained.

FYI beginning November 5th the flight from DFW (AA 1256) is departing at 10:35 AM as opposed to around 12:30 PM. This is the traditional time for this flight but was advanced a couple hours about 3 years back to accommodate west coast connections.

My flight from PDX to DFW was changed (w/o notice) with an arrival time after my connection to CZM. The AA rep said that they won't contact anybody until a "a week or two" before departure because so many flights are being tweaked or cancelled. I am not convinced they would have ever notified me if I wasn't monitoring my flights.

AA has cancelled the early morning flights out of PDX (SEA affected also) to DFW which almost guarantees overnite stays in DFW if flying to CZM out of the NW. We used to be able to depart PDX at 6:00 am and still catch the 12:30 flight to CZM which made a nice direct flight.

Also note that AA may attempt to charge you twice for your luggage on flights with the long layover (overnight stays), seems to be hit or miss on if they attempt to collect double baggage fees. We have never had to pay but a couple times we had to be very persistant that they were double charging us. Make sure and save receipt for luggage from originating airport.

We just returned from Coz. We went out on the old schedule, but returned on the new earlier schedule. I have a suspicion that it has to do with Coz airport schedule, now that there are so few flights coming and going.

Per another poster, get the AA app. There are going to be massive changes coming in the next few months, so check constantly.

United just sent me an email notifying me my Oct 14th flight was cancelled . This is the cancellation I noticed (and posted ) a couple of weeks ago but they just notified me now. I wonder if the computer is set to send notifications one month before the flight for cancelled flights ? I got email on Sept 14th for an Oct 14th flight

To keep things strange (consistent with everything else air travel related )— their computer didn’t realize that a week ago I rebooked the canceled flight for another date so the notice no longer applied. Kind of sad their computer is so outdated they are sending cancellation notices to people who have already rebooked

AA changed our return flight due to a cancellation of a DFW-SEA connecting flight and had us leaving DFW two hours before we landed. Which was nice. They didn’t notify me and I found out from checking the app (now a daily routine..)

On calling we now have to spend the night at DFW on the return. Not a super huge deal as we were staying at SEA that night anyway, but I fear this isn’t the end of these changes and we are only three weeks out now.

Our friends flying out from MSP had their return flights changed (different day) also and they gave them 15 minutes to connect, so since they can’t spend the extra day due to work they will probably have to cancel. Sigh.

AA changed our return flight due to a cancellation of a DFW-SEA connecting flight and had us leaving DFW two hours before we landed. Which was nice. They didn’t notify me and I found out from checking the app (now a daily routine..)

On calling we now have to spend the night at DFW on the return. Not a super huge deal as we were staying at SEA that night anyway, but I fear this isn’t the end of these changes and we are only three weeks out now.

Our friends flying out from MSP had their return flights changed (different day) also and they gave them 15 minutes to connect, so since they can’t spend the extra day due to work they will probably have to cancel. Sigh.

Sorry to hear this. I think things tend to stabilize somewhat the closer you get the flight (aside from weather )—hopefully your current schedule will hold.

United seems to give a little more notice than American when cancelling on the Cozumel route, but they cancel more often than American. I think I have some Wednesday United flights on the books for November—even odds they are cancelled by the end of the first week of October

Sorry to hear this. I think things tend to stabilize somewhat the closer you get the flight (aside from weather )—hopefully your current schedule will hold.
The last I heard the federal pandemic assistance to airlines was still set to fall off a cliff on 10/1/20 and most or all airlines were talking about sizeable layoffs/furloughs if/when that happens. Until that is settled one way or the other I would expect to see a lot of uncertainty in air travel.

I am not flying AA ever again. They cancelled one leg of our return flight only two days before departure. AA offered a less than ideal solution (a two-day return trip) and AA told me to "take it or leave it."

Additionally, we paid for first-class seats, and on the return trip home AA said that they were not going to give us our first-class seats and would no give us a refund either.

Additionally, we paid for first-class seats, and on the return trip home AA said that they were not going to give us our first-class seats and would no give us a refund either.
Did you dispute the credit card charges?

Did you dispute the credit card charges?
I had to throw a fit at the airport before they put us back in first class.
They even wanted to charge us for luggage, which is supposed to be free with a first-class ticket.

And then, when we checked in to finish the second leg of a 2-day return trip, American wanted to charge us for luggage AGAIN!

Delta is still flying to Cancun last I checked. Next time we will do the bag drag from Cancun before I fly American ever again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom