AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Food bank is a great idea...no matter if you can see the flight or not, gotta wait till 12/12... game on :wink:

Food bank is a great idea...no matter if you can see the flight or not, gotta wait till 12/12... game on :wink:
That your flight will get changed or that you get there at all?

Who are you flying Dec 12th, 6:15 am out of CLT to CZM?

That your flight will get changed or that you get there at all?

Who are you flying Dec 12th, 6:15 am out of CLT to CZM?
Your reading my times incorrectly. 6:15 is out of NYC to CLT. 9:25 to CZM.

Your reading my times incorrectly. 6:15 is out of NYC to CLT. 9:25 to CZM.
Ah, you're on that one, ok...

upload_2020-9-7_21-39-55.png

I'm enjoying this bet!
I am getting OK with the idea of flying, and I've been OK with staying in Coz. So I talked about a December trip with hubby. His objection is what happens if we get Covid in Coz? (We are healthy but older.) I am not concerned about that, but have no way to allay his concern. So, we will continue to wait and see, and I will stalk these pages for trip reports.

You guys might consider loading up the AA app on your phone. It's really good about alerting me to anything going on with upcoming flights. It won't fix the problem of the airline changing or cancelling flights, but at least you'll know about it asap.

I'm more concerned of AA filing Chpt 11 again then canceling our ride...all we can do is sit back and wait.

I only use airline phone apps...they seem to be the best way for information.

This isn’t new behavior in my experience. On our last three trips to Coz 2016-2018 our flights (from SEA) have been changed multiple times. Once they did have us arriving at DFW just after the connecting flight had departed, but other than that they’re just annoyances. They’ve also always offered another change as an option (obviously to something available, which my original booking was not) and thankfully except one time by choice we haven’t had an overnight layover or anything more than three hours (my standard minimum for DFW after a ridiculous experience one NYE coming back from the UK, though since the customs section has been the kiosks I’ve usually gotten through with bags and all in half an hour)

FYI beginning November 5th the flight from DFW (AA 1256) is departing at 10:35 AM as opposed to around 12:30 PM. This is the traditional time for this flight but was advanced a couple hours about 3 years back to accommodate west coast connections.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom