AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE: Requested refund after cancellation and AA wouldn't since I booked this flight from one I cancelled due to Covid concerns. So I re booked and the cost savings almost paid for my hotel at DFW. So instead of getting home at 6 pm I get home on noon the next day. Good news I get 7 days of diving in.
Good for you...make it work in your favor!

They did it again. After reading your post, I checked our November reservations and discovered AA has changed our flights without any notification.

I'm not happy.

I would rebook my trip to the island for this winter when the eagle rays are in, and American is offering many flights, but those are just guesswork. I know that airlines will do whatever they want with plans, but these days I have no faith. Who knows what they will actually do in time?

Of course, a real traveler should be up for the adventures of flight changes, even if they have to watch their reservations week to week, but they wore me down on the last attempt with all of the changes, the last minute change of departure airports, then the failure there. Maybe after I get my checked bag fees refunded and my trip insurance claim paid.

My December flights are still intact as booked on AA.

Flights are like voting, vote early and vote often. Flights, book early and check often.

Airlines typically do not notify of change until a few days out because they are apt to change again. As such, they would rather wait til closer to departure.

Care to make a wager? :wink:
Sure.

Airlines typically do not notify of change until a few days out because they are apt to change again. As such, they would rather wait til closer to departure.
Oh, I have saved several emails about my changed flights. I booked my Cozumel trip eight months in advance to catch a lower fare, before the virus was acknowledged.

Sure.

Oh, I have saved several emails about my changed flights. I booked my Cozumel trip eight months in advance to catch a lower fare, before the virus was acknowledged.
Dinner at Punta Sur. Loser pays.....

Dec 12th 6:15 to CLT 9:25 to CZM.

Dinner at Punta Sur. Loser pays.....

Dec 12th 6:15 to CLT 9:25 to CZM.
Oh, I only do bets payable to Cozumel food banks. If that's ok, let's keep it friendly at $20. I don't see that flight tho?
upload_2020-9-7_21-12-2.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom