AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not flying AA ever again. They cancelled one leg of our return flight only two days before departure. AA offered a less than ideal solution (a two-day return trip) and AA told me to "take it or leave it."

Additionally, we paid for first-class seats, and on the return trip home AA said that they were not going to give us our first-class seats and would no give us a refund either.
That's incredible. I usually fly first class on American and they always bend over backwards for me. Now that you're back you might follow up with their customer service, unless you're just filing for a charge-back and cutting ties with AA. I wouldn't blame you if you did stop using them over the incident.

Changing flights if one got cancelled seems regrettable but possibly necessary. Sticking you in coach after you paid for first and not even offering you a refund? That's over the top.

Continental is the worst airline of them all.
I liked them, but you do realize they haven't flown in years since United took them over.

I liked them, but you do realize they haven't flown in years since United took them over.
Exactly. That's why I haven't flown United in years either. And never will.

I've had to deal with both of them over the last 6+ months, and my experience is the same; I haven't always been happy with United's decisions but felt like they tried to do the right thing.
American seemed to put the most effort into toileting on my shoes.
American Airlines just stranded several hundred on a Cozumel to Miami trip that caused missing a Dallas connection. Then stranded hundreds more on cancelled Miami to San Diego and other flights. Many spent 3-6 hours in line for rebooking and hotel voucher. American has devolved into Spirit airlines, but American charges triple what Spirit and Southwest charge.

American Airlines just stranded several hundred on a Cozumel to Miami trip that caused missing a Dallas connection. Then stranded hundreds more on cancelled Miami to San Diego and other flights. Many spent 3-6 hours in line for rebooking and hotel voucher. American has devolved into Spirit airlines, but American charges triple what Spirit and Southwest charge.
That sounds like an extreme weather event. Was it? Nothing an airline can do about weather grounding flights. Customer service is indeed challenged these days as airlines laid off so many employees many of whom have to be replaced and new hires trained. Welcome to 2021.

Did you see that United has added nonstop service LAX to CZM on Saturdays? New Nonstop flights from Los Angeles

That's odd the CZM to MIA flight is normally flown with an E175 aircraft with only 76 seats on it. Was it cancelled or delayed due to weather in MIA?

Wow. You.ve been attaching this whine to quite a few threads now. "Several hundred"? From one flight? Tel us how you really feel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom