A700 MK17, MK25, or Apeks XTX 200??? Anyone breathe on all these regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speardoggin

Contributor
Reaction score
I have narrowed my choices down to these. Not sure which one to go to, but I am leaning more toward the Apeks because of the enviromental sealing. But if someone could tell me the pro's and cons of each. I have researched as much as I could on the web.

Jeff

Except for the A700 I use all of the above. I use MK25/S600 in my doubles (my preference for hose routing) with MK17/S600 in deco bottles (if diving cold water also MK17 for the double cylinder). My singles setup is an XTX200.

You will be very satisfyed with any of them, as I mention, I use S600 for second stage and it is fantastic, but from what I read A700 is great, just can't tell you by experience.

Just one correction, MK17 is also a sealed diaprhagm, like XTX 200.

I would say the PRO of MK25 is hose routing and for MK17 and XTX200 is that they are both sealed. CONs probably the price, at least here in Brazil those are a little more expensive then some other brand's similar models, but I really trust then.

I use the SP A700 and I can tell you right now it's a great reg like SP MK 600. Look some people by prasie SP or down it but thats them. Chevy or Ford no one is the same we all have our "OWN" needs and SP A700 fit me well you can even ask the shop for a loaner to try out before buying it

I am using Apeks and the reason is spare parts are readily and easily available
for servicing. It is also quite a workhorse and the ONLY downside I can think of
is that its heavy.

I have both mk17 and xtx200's. As stated above, both regs are excellent, but the 200's breath better for me deep (below recreational depths). The 17 is a consistent workhorse so I use it for deco bottles. The 200's can surprise you with some small bubbling that happens on one dive, then not on the next. It is know for IP creep as the seat takes a set.

You're in FL. But here in cold waters, MK25's are famous for free-flowing. I've been told that SP has fixed some of the cold water free flow issues, but I still see it happen every year, without fail.

JMHO, YMMV.

I live north of the previous poster and have never seen or heard of a mk25 1st free flow and yeah that includes days you don't breathe on your regs outside of the water.. I don't know what you folk do down there, but come up here and it works all good.

I was just looking at the individual's dive association and my mistake... I only dive here in the Pacific's temperate waters here in BC. Inland water when it is cold is ice and fresh water at altitude and very different.

I have the A700/MK25. Nice reg still like my S600's better though.

I really love my Atomic Aquatics M1, and Z2 over the A700 by scubapro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom