A wee bit of good news, maybe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From the satellite photos I have seen, the northeast quadrant of the eyewall appears to have missed Cozumel by a narrow margin off to the north. The northeast quadrant is where the worst of the worst winds usually are, and on the east side of Cozumel, it would mean winds directly onshore. The NE quadrant of Emily is what took out the Paradise Cafe, Coconut's, and the southern resorts.

The southern eyewall, which would mean directly onshore winds for the hotel zone, also appear to have missed by a small margin off to the south. From this perspective, it appears that the direct hit that Cozumel got just might not be quite as bad as a near miss to the north or south might have been.

I think I'll hold that thought...

EDIT: Of course, all the above is taking for granted that the little silhouette of Cozumel that is drawn on the satellite photos is in the right place.

Sounds like good news to me, I want to believe, so I will.

I'm with dlndavid right now. Hope hope hope Believe believe believe

Wow, Sage, that's scary. Pray, pray, pray.

---Bob

Missdirected:
I'm with dlndavid right now. Hope hope hope Believe believe believe
Hey don't tell my wife.:11:

Back
Top Bottom