a thread ALL locals should read.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
Hello all fellow divers.
i have been thinkin alot about this latley.
and im thinkin that we as a group can make some serious headway on this subject.
what you ask
artifical reef program in new englend.
why is there no substantal program, and how can we get one goin ...
i think it would be great to see some of the ond navy warships that are being sunk in our waters.
so lets get some discussion goin, and mabye somone qualified can get the ball goin.
i dont need to go into why it would be great to have this.. im sure we are all on the same page there.....
so...................................

I think if you learn to spell first, we may understand what you are trying to say?

"I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and as a group we can make some serious headway on this subject.

What you ask?

An artificial reef program in new England.

Why is there no substantial program, and how can we get one going? I think it would be great to see some of the old navy warships sunk in our waters. So let’s get some discussion going, and maybe someone qualified can get the ball going. I don’t need to go into why it would be great to have this. I’m sure we are all on the same page there, so........"

wow..
theres a few typos there.. excues me ..
but thanks for the cunstructive input......

ShakaZulu:
Shouldn't there be 7 asterisks????
yeah i noticed that so i had to edit it a bit, but it seem you got my point
PS thanks for the hi-jack

Diesel298:
wow..
theres a few typos there.. excues me ..
but thanks for the cunstructive input......

Ok, give up, you are killing me bro..........haha.

Diesel298:
Hello all fellow divers.
i have been thinkin alot about this latley.
and im thinkin that we as a group can make some serious headway on this subject.
what you ask
artifical reef program in new englend.
why is there no substantal program, and how can we get one goin ...
i think it would be great to see some of the ond navy warships that are being sunk in our waters.
so lets get some discussion goin, and mabye somone qualified can get the ball goin.
i dont need to go into why it would be great to have this.. im sure we are all on the same page there.....
so...................................

What about the old Jamestown Bridge?? I thought they were talking about that as an artificial reef. Would be nice to see that at the bottom...........rather an eye sore where it is now..... :wink:

Hey shaka....lighten up :10:

johnnyseko:
What about the old Jamestown Bridge?? I thought they were talking about that as an artificial reef. Would be nice to see that at the bottom...........rather an eye sore where it is now..... :wink:

Hey shaka....lighten up :10:
yeah we hear that every summer, and it always seems to be a different story.
i herd one this year that when they do dismantle it there goint o taker it in pieces on a barge somewhere else, NJ was one rumor.
whatever they do it wont be sunk there the water is just not deep enough, and it will block the passage... so it has to be taken off shore.....
but like i said. every summer brings a whole new pile of rumors about that stupid thing

Diesel298:
yeah we hear that every summer, and it always seems to be a different story.
i herd one this year that when they do dismantle it there goint o taker it in pieces on a barge somewhere else, NJ was one rumor.
whatever they do it wont be sunk there the water is just not deep enough, and it will block the passage... so it has to be taken off shore.....
but like i said. every summer brings a whole new pile of rumors about that stupid thing

This time I think it is actually happening. They have allocated the money and awarded the contract for the demolition. Last I knew they were planning to start the demolition in 2006.

Here is a summary of the proposed plan with the actual disposal sites that the State of RI put out last year:

http://www.dot.state.ri.us/engineering/proj/73/Jamestown Bridge Demolition, April 2004.pdf

o wow. hopefully well see it happen.....
im gonna check that document out a little more right now..
what other cool info ya got?your like a little local whats up encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom