A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason #404: The Songkhla Mermaid

mermaid.jpg

Or, as spelled on at least one tourist map: The Songkhla Mermade!

Reason #405 - The Giant Standing Buddha in Roi Et

big_buddha.jpg

(Took that yesterday morning!)

Since the latter half of the nineteenth century:

Thanks for that. I'll set out tomorrow informing all the noodle stall owners here in Korat that they no longer need to supply chopsticks with their wares.

Of course, you know these upcountry people; at least a couple of centuries behind the times....

---------- Post added ----------

Oh, no! More chopsticks?

Ms. B brought dinner home from the market tonight including Ba Mii for the kid. Look what the idiot vendor included with the noodles: chopsticks!

Will these Thai people never learn? Thais do not use chopsticks, they use only fork and spoon.

chopsticks.jpg

Thai people use chop sticks very selectively in my experience. In general they use a spoon and fork, in rather rare occasions they use chop sticks.
Chop sticks are around though and every Thai knows how to use them! The Kwetiao soup for instance a lot of times is served with chop sticks, Chinese style food is mostly served with chopsticks.

All rice dishes are however served with spoon and fork, afaik and the main staple for Thais is rice!

You guys do realize that when I cited a sitcom character as my source I had to be joking, right?

Reason #406: The Phallus Shrines from Pranang Beach in Krabi and Chao Mae Tubtim in Bangkok.Phallus shrine.JPG

Still not heard the outcome of what happened at Samae San with reference to the saltwater crocs in my post No 403. Does anyone have any info on the latest situation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom