If you had 8-10 days in Thailand to dive and hang out on the beach where would you stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malaysia.
Not the best time to dive and may be even travel the East Coast of Malaysian Penisular. Not sure about Sabah and Sarawak.
Ramadan in 2025 is around 01st Mar and I had a hard time to find restaurant opened in the afternoon during Ramadan on Tioman Island several yrs ago.

Not the best time to dive and may be even travel the East Coast of Malaysian Penisular. Not sure about Sabah and Sarawak.
Ramadan in 2025 is around 01st Mar and I had a hard time to find restaurant opened in the afternoon during Ramadan on Tioman Island several yrs ago.

I stayed on a local island in the Maldives during Ramadan a few years ago and it was similar … places to eat would be closed until after sunset.

A few families, whose homes I would past each day and greet, invited me to join them for the breaking of their fast in the evenings, which was a wonderful cultural experience.

I hadn’t realised that I would be there during Ramadan, and I would have altered my plans if I had known.

We will definitely be in Koh Lanta not Malaysia and Ramadan will be towards the end of our stay there. I've been told it shouldn't affect us much.

We will definitely be in Koh Lanta not Malaysia and Ramadan will be towards the end of our stay there. I've been told it shouldn't affect us much.
Malaysia is a Muslim state, whereas Thailand is a Buddhist kingdom. There is no official celebration of Ramadan in Thailand.

Malaysia is a Muslim state, whereas Thailand is a Buddhist kingdom. There is no official celebration of Ramadan in Thailand.
Thank you! 🙏

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom