A swim through history...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey dumb ass, if ucfdiver wanted the name of the sink posted he would have done it himself. The owner of the sink doesn't want it being talked about online for reasons that should be obvious to someone who's been there.

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I removed the location name from a few posts at the request of the OP. In keeping with landowner relations, we want to be sure unqualified people don't cause any restrictions being put on the system by attempting to access it out of turn.

I love being the last diver in a team of three -- you really do see so much more when you get to enjoy three times as much light! It's even better if one of the folks in front of you has a video camera with lights :)

Hey dumb ass, if he don't want it talk about then I guess someone should not be posting pics and dive reports.

Last edited:
I hate to write about the man made parts of the cave, but this one is special. The 100ft markers are written on duct tape, which was wrapped around #18 twisted/knotted line. Some of this belonged to Sheck Exley I believe, although I’m going to have to research things a bit more and figure out where exactly the markers and line came from.

I have 100's of hours in that system from a 3C grade survey we've worked on as conditions allow. The #18 line is original survey line and can be very fragile,so as a rule we don't put stages on the line,usually use a jump line to stages. Also,there are some very unstable areas in that system that when you see tell-tale signs,don't linger,but move along. I've had a couple good collapses land on me. The duct tape "dorf" markers are more likely Sheck's because he did a majority of the survey,and exploration. How did Vengence sink get it's name? The story goes is that Sheck was doing the exploration,and he and Dave Sweet stopped around Trap sink . Sheck left town,and Paul DeLoach and Steve Forman layed some line where Sheck left off. Sheck was so put out when he got back,that he layed line,and the first sink he encountered was called Vengence sink. One other thing is don't surface at the sink holes that you don't know the owner as a general rule. There is the story of Jeff Bozanic surfacing at a sink and being removed at gun point,and waiting until the sheriff came,but that is another story.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I removed the location name from a few posts at the request of the OP. In keeping with landowner relations, we want to be sure unqualified people don't cause any restrictions being put on the system by attempting to access it out of turn.

I can appreciate this,that is why I don't post reports of places I dive. In this case why not post the state park access point,which is open to everyone. Entry from this point is very unique,and offers two insurgence/resurgences in a very short distance (very unique).

Visability was 20-40 depending on where we were mid July as well, though I believe we were in a different part of the system.

Viz changes frequently depending on where are you due to the influx of spring vents.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom