A stupid, stupid question….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
But if you can find a pink one, no one will steal it either

I would!!! They don't sell 'em anymore. I lost my Pink D8 and replaced it with a Light Cannon. Now I need to replace my C4 but they don't sell pink!

billtodive:
I have 3 yellow ones.

next stupid: I can't find that coiled lanyard I bought to not lose the light.

Did you look at the end of the light? :wink:

Personally I think color doesn't matter - if you lose your light just clap twice and it comes on right?

Got a UK SL4 light (hey, Larry at ScubaToys has it for $23.79 in black, yellow, blue or LIME! Put da lime in de coconut...) :)
Ziptie a "male" clip to the light.
Add a "female" clip to the BC (I like my fin keepers, very multipurpose and keeps my hands free walking out of the water.)

Fasten the light to the BC and slide it into a BC pocket. Now you're ready to use it as needed, without losing it.
Believe me when I say I learned this by experience.

BTW, any one find my yellow Ikelite PCm with intact wrist strap and SS clip at City of Refuge recently?

mongoose:
But, ehh... if I *did* drop it, a black light would be pretty much impossible to find, even here in the crystal-clear lakes of Texas. And, since I only carry my big primary light at night, they probably wouldn't see it (or the octo) anyway.

--'Goose

I grew up fishing the lakes in Texas can you point me to this CRYSTAL CLEAR one I seemed to have missed it :)

I have a clear light Ikelite Super Light. It just looks like I am holding a handfull of batteries. I like it. I bought it about 76. I have a yellow Bug Diver, holds 10 D cells, aluminum housing, way cool light also from the 70s. I got one of those blue UK 8s, like it too and recently got my wife the lime green UK 4 C cell pistol grip light with twin bulbs--also really cool light, worked fine in Hosptal Hole at 120 feet and below the hydrogen sulfide layer.
I vote---yellow.
N

Back
Top Bottom