A stupid, stupid question….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM:
Black seems more ‘’technical’’, but the yellow should be easier to find if a drop it in shallow water….
Well, since the UK light is not a techie light, nor does it even pretend to be a techie wannabe light, the techie black reasoning is irrelevent.... that leaves yellow so you can better find it if you drop it :D

I have three sizes of UK lights, and they are all yellow. Had to dive down to get a small one that fell out of a holder on a D-ring one time during the day. If it had not been yellow, I'm almost sure I would have never found it. It was the only rare time I've ever dropped one, but I still have it because I could see it during the day when it was turned off.

Decisions like this are mainly personal preference, but no matter what, I like UK lights.

I did drop mine the other night so the color really did not matter but I have the yellow one. Its real easy to find in the gear bag as well.

I guess I can be a bit of a good-natured contrarian... I have a yellow UK C8 light, but I think if I had it to do over again I might have bought black. The main reason is, that if a panicked OOA diver comes swimming full tilt at me, they're lookingfortheyellowthingtheyellowthingohmygodwhereistheyellowthingtheoctotheoctoyellowTHERE! and grabs my light instead, and then REALLY freaks out when they realize they can't breathe from it. But since it's always clipped on, with a spring lanyard, it's highly unlikely that I'll lose it.

But, ehh... if I *did* drop it, a black light would be pretty much impossible to find, even here in the crystal-clear lakes of Texas. And, since I only carry my big primary light at night, they probably wouldn't see it (or the octo) anyway.

Final answer (for me): It's not a big enough deal to change lights, but I were doing it again, the black light would win by a nose.

--'Goose

I bought a yellow one and spray painted it Neon Orange, what is wrong with Orange, Road Vests are that color and so are Saftey Sausages :D

Yellow is the color I bought and it is still yellow got it today for B-Day. GOTCHA :14:

It is NOT a fashion show. Get the yellow.

Don

IvanM:
Well I am about to order a UK dive light….and I have a great dilemma….yellow or black??? Black seems more ‘’technical’’, but the yellow should be easier to find if a drop it in shallow water….as I said, a stupid, stupid question….any thoughts?

:06: :06: :06:

IvanM:
p.s. in my defense I did clearly warn everybody that the question was stupid
There are no stupid questions...but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
Not to say you are one, I just really like that quote. :D

I have 3 yellow ones.

next stupid: I can't find that coiled lanyard I bought to not lose the light.

xSandman3:
There are no stupid questions...but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

i like

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom