A repository of 3D print STL sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, I never thought it should be flexible. The couple I saw on other divers are pretty solid, I guess it would be better if its flexible?
All the ones I've seen are flexible.

However it could be printed in TPU. To get the dimensions right to work with the flexibility of the material would probably take a couple of prints.

The time to design it would be a few minutes; however given that to buy them is about 6GBP, or 10USD; it would just be easier to buy them.

All the ones I've seen are flexible.

However it could be printed in TPU. To get the dimensions right to work with the flexibility of the material would probably take a couple of prints.

The time to design it would be a few minutes; however given that to buy them is about 6GBP, or 10USD; it would just be easier to buy them.
A necklaced bungee is even less!

Some of you know my previous modular jump spool design from post 31 in this thread; I have recently updated that design with several improvements.

Notably,
-the overall size is increased, allowing better handling with heavy gloves or drysuit gloves
-and although it's bigger, it's thinner for the same line length
-the "clearance" feature is moved to the hub -- there's only one kind of side panel
-the outer rim of the sides is thickened for better strength
-The profile of the inner hub is rounded and smoothed for comfort

jump spool corona - pic 08.png

jump spool corona - pic 06.png

jump spool corona - pic 07.png

jump spool corona - pic 01.png

Thingiverse new: Jump / SMB spool "Corona" (SCUBA) - 2024 improved for gloves by lairdb
Thingiverse original: Jump Spool / SMB spool (SCUBA) by lairdb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom