A new Texas Diver!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the swamp and congrates.Looking forward to meeting you up at Travis.

We plan on attending (not camping though) the gathering over memorial weekend. I'm sure I'll be easy to spot, I'll be wearing my Diving Dress. :D We both look forward to meeting fellow divers and learning from you all.

As one of the founding folk of the Texas Swamp Diving Team, I'll add my welcome to the wunnerful underwater world. Remember, that since Texans dive in some of the "lousiest" conditions around, we usually turn out to become pretty good divers. Especially true when problems happen when the vis turns to the consistency of much, we just relax and think, "No problemo...this is just like back home!"

77&degF at 20 feet is about right for Travis this time of year. But when you hit that thermocline (sitting at about 35 feet) you can definitely feel the drop in temp.

I found a neat link showing a temperature graph of the conditions at Lake Travis. Click here to view it.

Anyhow, we will have divers of all skill levels at the Memorial Day event. And we all enjoy trading stories and answering questions. So come ready to have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom