A new future.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be surprised to see me RIP THE FABRIC OF TIME< a little help with a crow bar 1973. 28 Anacapa Street
img108.jpg
, Santa Barbara , California.

IMG_2458.jpg
I was looking over my logbook from 2-29-2020 and noticed my notes on Saudi Arabia being the largest producer of desalination water. They use around 300,000 barrels of OIL per day to basically boil Salt Water (Ocean) and capture the evaporated fresh water. You can bet this operation is adding to climate change. Looking forward I added up around 306 million barrels of OIL have gone up in smoke. Plus, the discharge of higher levels of salt brine is also creating KILL Zones. Currently, we see around 21,000 Desalinations plants. Other than Saudi Arabia most operations push Salt Water thru Reverse osmosis filters at a high energy cost. What Susanne and I find interesting is most folks have no idea of the plankton intake and its role in providing over 65 % of the Earth Oxygen supply. Plankton also migrates each day from around 900 feet to the surface to do it’s living giving thing “OXYGEN” and Carbon sequestration. While some are distracted, Susanne and I are super focused on this issue of WATER. Please take a moment to review our project and you can help us with a purchase of a Whackerspoon. https://evansartgallery.com/product/whackerspoon/ Or join us in cleaning up the atmosphere with AeroHance Pods. https://aerohance.com/ Thank you. Susanne and Bob.

View attachment 673038 I was looking over my logbook from 2-29-2020 and noticed my notes on Saudi Arabia being the largest producer of desalination water. They use around 300,000 barrels of OIL per day to basically boil Salt Water (Ocean) and capture the evaporated fresh water. You can bet this operation is adding to climate change. Looking forward I added up around 306 million barrels of OIL have gone up in smoke. Plus, the discharge of higher levels of salt brine is also creating KILL Zones. Currently, we see around 21,000 Desalinations plants. Other than Saudi Arabia most operations push Salt Water thru Reverse osmosis filters at a high energy cost.

Interesting. I googled and found some scientific papers… but if you have any links to blogs and articles describing their ecological impact more suitable to the layman I would love to read them…

PS: Congratulations on the new accomplishment and for the hope it gives! And I loved the “be a trim tab” blog.. totally makes sense without overwhelming an individual or making him/her feeling burdened… 👏🏽👍🏽

Interesting. I googled and found some scientific papers… but if you have any links to blogs and articles describing their ecological impact more suitable to the layman I would love to read them…

PS: Congratulations on the new accomplishment and for the hope it gives! And I loved the “be a trim tab” blog.. totally makes sense without overwhelming an individual or making him/her feeling burdened… 👏🏽👍🏽
Thank you. Will find some more links. Working non stop on CHESS+EVANS LLC
t-70.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom