DIR- Generic A new forum section for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is a new forum area for folks who are not GUE or UTD affiliated.

I think it's a great idea.

Thank you Scubaboard.

Well, I think if it does not work out, the boss will d/c it.

So this is for people interested in DIR but not for people trained in DIR?

My understanding is that the generic section is for general DIR concepts that are not agency-specific: team diving, utilizing standard gases (the standards themselves may vary by agency but using standard gases vs “best mix” is a DIR convention), etc.

I always thought there should be a DIR free forum so people could discuss diving without the opinions of those who might be like-minded. Last time I mentioned that to Pete, he wasn't down with it. I'm like-minded when I feel like it. Other times, get off my lawn and leave me alone. :D

hey guys, it's call DIR, not DIRs. get with it.

!!DIR-4EVER!!

Just to note, these are not new sections of the DIR forum. They are purely new prefixes to add onto new threads.

We have had several requests and also comments in other threads where the idea of "DIR" vs "Agency-DIR" etc were referenced. We decided to make it a bit easier for those starting new threads here to be able to differentiate what they are referring to.

There is also no need to use a prefix should you not want to, the forum will operate as it always has.

I always thought there should be a DIR free forum

I thought that was Dork Divers? Or in your case, Grumpy Old Divers may be more apropos at times :wink:

No, YOU get off MY lawn!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom