A luggage system for carrying technical diving equipment on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I figured he must be checking the cloths etc. but since they may not get there I guess he will be wearing the cloths on his back or be naked?

I carry camera equipment so all of that he put in the roller bag just got displaced by a Nauticam.

There is no solution other than prayer. Or go without my camera and frankly I would rather be naked because I feel naked without my camera.

There was a hole in the hoses in that bag he showed, I guess you could stuff some underwear and a swimsuit in there or a t-shirt and shorts ---

That huge plate he has I replaced with an Oxy Cheq UL plate, but I know you guys are awfully fond of them things.

James

Well, I figured he must be checking the cloths etc. but since they may not get there I guess he will be wearing the cloths on his back or be naked?

I carry camera equipment so all of that he put in the roller bag just got displaced by a Nauticam.

There is no solution other than prayer. Or go without may camera and frankly I would rather be naked because I feel naked without my camera.

There was a hole in the hoses in that bag he showed, I guess you could stuff some underwear and a swimsuit in there---.

James
You can never own too many dive shirts. Luckily almost every destination sells them. Oh and swim suits. :p

Just guessing here, but that stuff all has to be in a large checked bag not discussed in the video. This system isn't terribly dissimilar from what a lot of us prob do. I have a backpack that is "personal item" sized that carries the really breakable/important stuff (computers, lights, camera, etc. the "you are not checking this over my dead body" bag) and then the stuff I really don't want to check is in a standard carry on roller. Unfortunately, you have to be prepared to valet check (or whatever they are calling it now) that one since on tiny planes they might force you. The big stuff (exposure suit, fins, clothes, etc.) all goes in a checked bag that God willing is under 50 lbs. I switched to packing cubes to make the inevitable overweight on return problem easier to deal with on the floor of the terminal. Just shift a packing cube or two and good to go. Beats me dropping my dirty underwear all over the floor trying to shuffle stuff around.

Not necessarily just "tiny planes" but some regional airlines, such as you might take to connect from Europe to Egypt (mentioned in the video), are very strict about what you can carry on. They may weigh and measure your carry-on. A standard roller should be okay IF not over-weighted. HOWEVER, they may not permit an additional "personal item" or, if they do, may strictly limit it to something small, like a briefcase, shoulder bag, woman's handbag, etc. A backpack big enough to carry computer, lights, camera, etc., would not be allowed in addition to a rollaboard. That is my recollection from my Egypt trip.

Not necessarily just "tiny planes" but some regional airlines, such as you might take to connect from Europe to Egypt (mentioned in the video), are very strict about what you can carry on. They may weigh and measure your carry-on. A standard roller should be okay IF not over-weighted. HOWEVER, they may not permit an additional "personal item" or, if they do, may strictly limit it to something small, like a briefcase, shoulder bag, woman's handbag, etc. A backpack big enough to carry computer, lights, camera, etc., would not be allowed in addition to a rollaboard. That is my recollection from my Egypt trip.
Agreed.. I prob shouldn't have said "tiny". I have run into the valet check for rollers on regional jets in the states too (the ones with the tiny overhead compartments that standard rollers don't fit in). I stopped splitting my super fragile, trip jeopardizing stuff between my personal item and my roller for exactly that reason. If that means I land with my computer, regs, lights and camera but naked as @Nemrod said, well, at least I can still dive. :)

No difference from my rec packing just a lot more heavier. And never ever over 20kg, only mask and computer/bottom timers go to hand carry. No photographic equipment whatsoever.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom