A luggage system for carrying technical diving equipment on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't be popular on an open dive boat where most won't allow cases like that.

Want something like a caving tackle bag - Warmbac 200m Rope Bag. Strong for carrying stuff in -- can even use it for loose cylinders/tanks -- but is excellent for stashing all your crap including your fins for a technical dive off a boat. Loads of handles too, so great for 'handling' and throwing under a bench. Most importantly it can be squished down to fit.

Obviously you need to bring your drysuit and underclothes as well as your rebreather.

You won't be popular on an open dive boat where most won't allow cases like that.

Want something like a caving tackle bag - Warmbac 200m Rope Bag. Strong for carrying stuff in -- can even use it for loose cylinders/tanks -- but is excellent for stashing all your crap including your fins for a technical dive off a boat. Loads of handles too, so great for 'handling' and throwing under a bench. Most importantly it can be squished down to fit.

Obviously you need to bring your drysuit and underclothes as well as your rebreather.

I believe OP is talking about aboard a plane on an international trip and not what he'd be bringing aboard a day boat.

@Wibble he wasn't addressing carrying on a dive boat, he was addressing airline travel with tec gear.

So, do you do this technical diving at a nudist resort?

I like the concept, but, where are your cloths?

Where is the rest of it, the drysuit or exposure protection and I did not see the fins?

James

This sort of backpack arrangement has been discussed and DIY'd for a long time, but as far as I have been able to find, they are not sold commercially. I would be interested, but I don't have the inclination to DIY it.

Silly me for misinterpreting "carrying technical diving equipment on board"

I guess maybe silly for responding to a video in a post without watching the video.

So what do you use to carry your technical diving equipment on board a boat?

So, do you do this technical diving at a nudist resort?

I like the concept, but, where are your cloths?

Where is the rest of it, the drysuit or exposure protection and I did not see the fins?

James
Just guessing here, but that stuff all has to be in a large checked bag not discussed in the video. This system isn't terribly dissimilar from what a lot of us prob do. I have a backpack that is "personal item" sized that carries the really breakable/important stuff (computers, lights, camera, etc. the "you are not checking this over my dead body" bag) and then the stuff I really don't want to check is in a standard carry on roller. Unfortunately, you have to be prepared to valet check (or whatever they are calling it now) that one since on tiny planes they might force you. The big stuff (exposure suit, fins, clothes, etc.) all goes in a checked bag that God willing is under 50 lbs. I switched to packing cubes to make the inevitable overweight on return problem easier to deal with on the floor of the terminal. Just shift a packing cube or two and good to go. Beats me dropping my dirty underwear all over the floor trying to shuffle stuff around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom