A little middle TN vent......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to vent. Ok I'm in middle TN and I understand that I'm not in the mecca of diving. I would like to get my son OW certified, talked to one instructor, quotes me a pricing, now he won't return my calls. Call another "scuba shop" and the guy is out of town, the person that answered the phone didn't have a clue what he charges, nor when the next class would be, "in the spring" says she. I don't want to go to Nashville as it is over an hour one way. This is so frustrating! No frigging wonder scuba isn't strong in this area. I'm tempted to walk it through and get DI rating. It would take some time and money, but just damn. Bless their hearts.

My choices
Nashville (time/expensive/don't trust one of the instructors from previous dealings)
Cookeville unreliable
Crossville apathetic

Grrrrrrrrrrr

And I was going to use the unresponsive instructor for our AOW.

Run down to florida, and you dive while he does his OW dives, I'm sure they will Let him do the book work at home, Do not know who, but ask in the florida forumn.

Ha ha I wish it were that easy.

I've emailed dive below H2O to see what they say. They too have no price information on line. WTF.

Are these people in SO MUCH demand that they can conduct such poor business practices? Do the prices change THAT much?

Call Steve or Amy at usascuba usascuba.com 850-243-3483....They WILL take care of you and you will be in a VERY small class. They are good people. All the bookwork can be completed in advance for FREE at usascuba.com

I live in Cookeville and I can get you in touch with a very good instructor. Greg Livingston is his name....he lives in the edge of Overton County. He is in the book.

firefighter we probably know each other. I was a cop in Cookeville. I'll PM you off thread.

I may have this figured out, thanks for the input guys.

Back
Top Bottom