A little FYI...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goddess

tiny what im imagining with the measurements that i have that you are close to 6 foot, as i only have a 30" inseam and im 5'10"

trust me from what i hear about detonate(havent met him in person) is a real good guy and will take care of you, and get you through your ow cert. as for diving dont worry about it you have luke watching out for you and then if you dive with any of the swampers you will be diving with a very experinced set of divers(aow-rescue all the way through DM's and instructors) who will watch out and help you.

as for hyperthermia i know all about it trust me, it aint fun shaking so hard that you back hurts for a week after you warm back up. i did that last summer when working at constantine during the second week of june with the bad rain, as i was teaching a lifesaving class, being in a 5mm and being so cold that im shaking like crazy and couldnt teach my class because i was so cold, and i was in a wetsuit as i was inthe water about 12 hours a day that week and it was thursday when this happened, during this time my students were in trunks. i will tell you one thing, muscle relaxers are a very good thing in that case.

FWIW

Tooth

Scubatooth:
goddess

tiny what im imagining with the measurements that i have that you are close to 6 foot, as i only have a 30" inseam and im 5'10"

trust me from what i hear about detonate(havent met him in person) is a real good guy and will take care of you, and get you through your ow cert. as for diving dont worry about it you have luke watching out for you and then if you dive with any of the swampers you will be diving with a very experinced set of divers(aow-rescue all the way through DM's and instructors) who will watch out and help you.

as for hyperthermia i know all about it trust me, it aint fun shaking so hard that you back hurts for a week after you warm back up. i did that last summer when working at constantine during the second week of june with the bad rain, as i was teaching a lifesaving class, being in a 5mm and being so cold that im shaking like crazy and couldnt teach my class because i was so cold, and i was in a wetsuit as i was inthe water about 12 hours a day that week and it was thursday when this happened, during this time my students were in trunks. i will tell you one thing, muscle relaxers are a very good thing in that case.

FWIW

Tooth

Talk about way off. I am 5'4", 34" 21" 34", 36" inseam, fiery red hair, about 95 lbs. Yeah, I ended up coming home with a temperature of about 102 when we left CSSP. And I was shaking for two days straight, so I really was sore for awhile. It sucked. Anyway, I'm hoping when I do go get certified, that some of y'all will come out. Of course Luke'll be there, but the more support I have, the better, I think. Besides, if I have an audience, I'll be too stubborn to fail again. :D

I heard about you're ordeal from Luke,... sux is right. You let me know when you guys are going out for your checkouts and I'll try like hell to be there. You'll have a blast out there. We had a great group of people out there today, you should'a ran those kids off and joined us.

See Ya at the swamp, GOOD LUCK!

humanphibian:
I heard about you're ordeal from Luke,... sux is right. You let me know when you guys are going out for your checkouts and I'll try like hell to be there. You'll have a blast out there. We had a great group of people out there today, you should'a ran those kids off and joined us.

See Ya at the swamp, GOOD LUCK!

I wouldn't have been able to go in the water, so there really wasn't any point. Besides, it was my daughter's first slumber party. Kind of a big deal. I only went through about half a bottle of Crown...

humanphibian:
I'll give you the same advice that Texdiveguy gave Luke. Your consumption rate is a skill, it will improve with time. HA HA HA

I thought it had improved. I got through half the bottle! Not bad for a little girl...

humanphibian:
You just wait...the older they get, the better the consumption rate gets. Trust me by the time that they are driving, WHEW it takes all day to drink enough to calm your nerves!

Yeah, I know. I have a son who's almost 14, and I don't think my dad quit drinking until I left home. I don't know why...I was such a good little girl. All cops' daughters are.

Firegoddess:
Yeah, I know. I have a son who's almost 14, and I don't think my dad quit drinking until I left home. I don't know why...I was such a good little girl. All cops' daughters are.

I'll throw the BS flag on that one!! My dad was a DPS Trooper for 20+ years, and my sister WAS NOT an angel. In and way, shape, or form of the word. I however.......was an angel. HA

humanphibian:
I'll throw the BS flag on that one!! My dad was a DPS Trooper for 20+ years, and my sister WAS NOT an angel. In and way, shape, or form of the word. I however.......was an angel. HA

I am glad I wear boots, the fecal matter is flowing on this one. Pardon my position I am attempting to stop the bodily functions from presenting themselves in a loud and aroumatic manner.

Back
Top Bottom