? A good reef fish book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torontoscubagirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

Can anyone recommend a good book detailing information on Carribean reef fishes, corals, reef wildlife - someting with pictures for identification and a little info on what they do, who they eat, who eat them, etc.

Thanks a bunch

mike_s:
The Reef Fish ID book by Ned DeLoach is my favorite.
second that, actually theres a set of 3 - Fish, Creatures, and Corals.

Damselfish:
second that, actually theres a set of 3 - Fish, Creatures, and Corals.
ditto with above

yeah, best books ever... i have the Reef Fish I.D. book.. it's awesome

http://www.fishid.com/

If only it were waterproof.... and had all of the critters, not just 98.5% :wink:

(p.s.: a.k.a.: "Paul Humann book" as well, same same)

RoatanMan:
If only it were waterproof.... and had all of the critters, not just 98.5% :wink:

(p.s.: a.k.a.: "Paul Humann book" as well, same same)

Actually, they make/sell a smaller version of it in slick waterproof pages. It's a small softback copy that has mabye 30-50 pages? (but I'm just guessing t the page count). I think it was $12 bucks. It's nice to carry in the dive bag to use on a boat where everything is not "dry". It not as fancy or details as the big book, but better than those fish id plastic "cards" you buy.

mike_s:
Actually, they make/sell a smaller version of it in slick waterproof pages. It's a small softback copy that has mabye 30-50 pages? (but I'm just guessing t the page count). I think it was $12 bucks. It's nice to carry in the dive bag to use on a boat where everything is not "dry". It not as fancy or details as the big book, but better than those fish id plastic "cards" you buy.

You can get it as part of your
http://www.reef.org/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?action=show&product=START_KIT&session=xf3atjaE
That's the Western Atlantic Kit...:D

Back
Top Bottom