? A good reef fish book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone!

I bought the reef set by Humann and Deloach, and it is great. I took it with me to St. Lucia and Cozumel - and read it on the beach. Well between dives. Fantastic books.

The DeLoach books are the best--but they are quite heavy. I take them all with me anyway, because I can't bear to be without them on a dive trip. They aren't really suitable for the boat. I like to go back to the hotel and try to identify everything I've seen. What can I say? I'm a nerd!

My favorite, by far, is the Fish Behavior book. I highly recommend it. Read it and you'll find yourself looking at the fish in an entirely different way. You'll notice things you did not notice before and you'll know why the fish are doing what they are doing. It takes you beyond "what fish is that?" to a whole new level of understanding, IMHO. Can you tell? I LOVE this book!

torontoscubagirl:
Thanks everyone!

I bought the reef set by Humann and Deloach, and it is great. I took it with me to St. Lucia and Cozumel - and read it on the beach. Well between dives. Fantastic books.

excellent, they are by far the best ones i know of

Back
Top Bottom