A friend Drowned at Lake Pleasant yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sad news about a very good guy. Sadly they have yet to recover his body. If any of you are on the Search teams working this please let me know. Id love to offer any help if possible. Gilbert was a guy I used to wrestle with.

The search for a missing Ultimate Fighter is done for the day.

Gilbert Aldana dove into Lake Pleasant yesterday while boating with friends and he never resurfaced.

Today, friends and family gathered waiting for news.

There weren't just a few friends there, dozens of people showed up on the shores of Lake Pleasant.

Aldana's family said the 6-foot-2-inch, 245-pound fighter may be feared in the ring, but his friends described him as a family man.

The 29-year-old father of two young sons was boating Sunday morning with his family when the accident occurred.

He dove in after his t-shirt, but something happened.

His family said he went into shock and despite attempts by his boss to save him, he sank. Today, Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies used underwater sonar and cameras to try and find his body.

At one point, it appeared they had found him. Divers went in, but it was a false alarm.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories/KTVKLNews20070312_search.80f3302.html

Saw that on the news tonight....he will be missed....my condolences to you, all of his friends and family....I know this is a great loss!!! Our prayers are will you all!!!

My thoughts and condolences to all friends and family. I am very sorry for your loss.

Dark Wolf

My condolences to the family and friends. I heard about this accident yesterday, with some different details, so it's good to get things cleared up a bit. I agree with Garrett, it must have been the temperature of the water. It would shock anyone. Such a sad loss.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to the friends and family.

My condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom