A few G15 shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Inon UWL100 has a FOV of 100 degrees IF you dont need to zoom in at all to get rid of any vignetting. So how many stops do you need to zoom in to get rid of the vignetting?
Another question, will the adapter be able to hold everything firmly in place when you get the dome? The dome adds quite a bit of extra weight.

if i read inon's advertised specs right, it is 100 degrees at 80mm zoom. using the lens, leads me to believe it as well. WA coverage with the lens is better than w/out.

this shot is about a half arm's length (16-18" approx) away from a coral head about 3-4ft wide

coralcloseup_zps76fdd6ea.jpg

---------- Post added February 4th, 2013 at 10:12 AM ----------

some other shots

tomatoclose_zps42b75529.jpg

clownsun2_zpsf679d3ba.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely better with, than without! No doubt about it. Some nice shots.
Wondering why you decided going with the UWL100 as opposed to the UWL-04 which has around 135 deg FOV and is cheaper than the UWL-100?

wasn't sure it would work well with the G15 in the canon housing...when i came back to pick up the mount base, the store figured i'd be in the market for the UWL-S100 and ordered it as well (when they put in for the mount base).

Am not sure that the uwl04 works with the g15 has anybody tested it? The new inon lens use the camera near to full zoom so that the camera lens is close to the port and there is no vignette
With a traditional lens you would be at wide end and if the camera lens is far away from the port the image will be soft
I think there is a new uwl05 that's supposed to work with the g1x that is a better candidate
For what concerns the new uwl from inon seems to add close focus wide angle to the g15 but the pictures look fairly dark even with two strobes so I wonder how practical it is to shoot with this lens in ambient light without strobes

I will try some ambient light shots with it...maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my SC-02C using Tapatalk 2

Are you only taking one lens with you per dive chile? Or if you take multiple wet lenses what is your preferred method of storage? I have seen people with 67mm attachment on their arms and this seems like a good idea, but maybe a bag is just as easy... Love the photo of the cuttlefish

I only bring one lens for the most part. No real need for the diopter since the G15 is pretty good in macro without it. I do plan to get one though.

Sent from my SC-02C using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom