A drag issue : to bungee wings or not to bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• sdiver.jpg
    sdiver.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 151
I prefer to dive with people who see bungee wings for what they are.
A piece of ****? :)
You forgot the [/condescension] and [/derision] arguments.

Here's a News Flash Walter Cronkite: a competent diver can dive anything given to them, keep proper trim and make the gear look good. The gear never makes the diver.

However, insecure divers tend to demean others and their gear selection, citing fallacious arguments, non-existent data and mythical studies. They have a hard time seeing that their criteria for selecting gear may not be the same criteria used by others. Go figure.

You forgot the [/condescension] and [/derision] arguments.

Here's a News Flash Walter Cronkite: a competent diver can dive anything given to them, keep proper trim and make the gear look good. The gear never makes the diver.

However, insecure divers tend to demean others and their gear selection, citing fallacious arguments, non-existent data and mythical studies. They have a hard time seeing that their criteria for selecting gear may not be the same criteria used by others. Go figure.

Pete, No One could take smugdiver seriously....It is SO FAR out there, it's such an exageration, it is funny.

Regards,
DanV

Pete, No One could take smugdiver seriously....It is SO FAR out there, it's such an exageration, it is funny.

Regards,
DanV

I think you'll find he was referring to the post he quoted, not mine

If bungeed wings create more drag...

Not to pick on you particularly DD - but if they do indeed create more drag, so what? It's not like doubles and multiple stages are exactly streamlined in the first place...

What's the point of wind tunnel testing a wing on it's own anyway, without a diver and all the other gear it gets strapped to?

And as for the comment that the DR wing is

I think you'll find he was referring to the post he quoted, not mine
Of course I was. I was trying to figure out who "smugdiver" was. I guess it was you, although I really thought the two peeps I quoted were being "smug" (not you).

Back
Top Bottom