A dive Report from the Spiegel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Gary,
Dang, am I jealous! 2 trips to the Keys in the last 17 mos to dive with you, and conditions kept us from the Grove on both multi-day trips. Only "lucking up" on a Bimini trip which had to be diverted to the Keys for one day because of weather (1 yr ago) has given me the opportunity to dive her at all, but not upright, of course. Was down for several days in January. Eagle, Duane, reefs; all were great... Seas were 5-6' most days, except for one. Even had the one day at Horseshoe when I splashed first, and Dean came and got me after 5 minutes, signalled the dive was over, and they informed me of the 3) 12' waves which hit the boat in a row as soon as I jumped in. That day's diving was over. Lots of good memories and good pictures. But still no upright Spiegel.

Now I read this awesome report from you! Lucky dog. Maybe next trip, huh?

Danny Scroggs

OCDinNC:
Capt Gary,
But still no upright Spiegel.
Now I read this awesome report from you! Lucky dog. Maybe next trip, huh?
Danny Scroggs

Persistance is everything. I'm sure you'll get on the Grove and when you do you'll agree it's one awesome dive.

Good Diving,

Capt Gary, what is the water temperature averaging this week. I'm still uncertain about only taking a 3mm with me in 2 weeks.
I'm still traumatized from my Hawaii diving trip in March where I froze in 75 degree water.

scubamickey:
Capt Gary, what is the water temperature averaging this week. I'm still uncertain about only taking a 3mm with me in 2 weeks.
I'm still traumatized from my Hawaii diving trip in March where I froze in 75 degree water.

Water temp is 77 at 100' and running 79 to 80 on the shallow reefs. A 3 mil should be fine for you.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom