A day at Force Fin HQ USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob, Susanne and myself braved the storms and made it down to Brophy Bros. in the Santa Barbara Harbor to have lunch with Mark Glesne and Jan from Neutral Dive Gear.
As the harbor water became darker and darker and the rain kept dumping we talked diving and about life in 2010 as we enjoyed the great food and the atmosphere at Brophy's.
jonmgbpm_neatural_be.jpg

Afterward the rain stopped and the sun broke out so Jan, myself and Mark stepped out to the West Gate at Force Fin HQ and Bob snapped this photo. I am sporting my new Neatral Dive Gear T-shirt and Mark is holding Excellerating Force Fins.
Mark and Jan thanks again for making the drive up in the rain. You guys are welcome anytime to Force Fin HQ and we look forward to seeing you in Santa Barbara at Brophy's Bros. soon.

Today we had a chance to reconnect with Peggy Oki and learn about the Origami Whales Project. We are thrilled at Force Fin to have her use our fins and are very impressed with all the work she is doing. We are also close to her as a local community member and long time friend. Peggy you Rock and we are looking forward to being informed. Check out the Origami Whales Project!

Blair, I need your help, some one or some people keep changing the Force Fin Wikipedia page with false statements. They are like internet terrorist. Do we call the FBI? What can we do to stop this harmful action? Can any one located these people? HELP PLEASE< Bob

Bob,
Wikipedia allows anyone to add, edit or delete information by signing in. It is a shame that someone has gone and is still going to great extent to edit factual information about Force Fins.
I have been on the phone with Susanne and I am well aware of the situation as I noticed the most recent edits this am and emailed Susanne. Everyone should be aware of information on wikipedia, it is a great resource, but always remember anyone can edit.
Hang in there Bob you have been here before. I will be down at Force Fin HQ soon.

Bob and all ScubaBoard members,
Feel free to join in the discussion as feedback on this matter will help in maintaining the most accurate information concerning Force Fin and provide wikipedia with an idea of what people are looking for in their quest for information.

Some time ago Susanne had added information to the Swim Fin entry on Wikipedia where they mention Force Fins. There has been a battle over the additions Force Fin has provided and anyone interested in weighing in is welcome.

Blair, They are at changing the fact's on Wikipedia again. What is up with these folk's? They should have join us watching " The Cove". They prey on my flesh each day.

Bob,
Wikipedia is a strange animal! It is great to see the discussions as all the history of edits, additions and deletes are there for everyone to see. Another great note Santa Barbara is warming up. I am out of the harbor water and stopped by to share a photo from a great day at Force Fin Headquarters!
bpmmf_ffblades_be.jpg

I am holding a special thermal #$$#^^&@@@>>>...... welded blade intended to be used with an SD1 foot pocket. Marco has the OPS Blade in Tan Delta. Photo by Bob Evans.

Marco Farrell and I have been friends since we first meet in 1991 while training at the Santa Barbara City College's Marine Technology Department. Before I even got to really become friends with Marco he had legend status as one of the best Free Divers in the area. He is a true sportsman and entrepreneur through and through. Be on the look out for Marco's feedback on Free diving fins as well as some of his marine themed products! with Force Fin themes.

I was looking for my water bottled that Marco Farrell had designed and produced for me when I stumbled upon Bob's desk. Marco's new products had taken over a section of Bob's desk in pure homage to cool. Thanks Marco!
desk_marcogear_bpm.jpg

The mouse pad, coffee cup and water bottle all enjoying ForceFin2020 on the computer screen.

Bob, sorry to hear about your Wiki-Woes, but I want to extend a thank you for such a fine product. I love my Pros and may well try the Flying next. I have big feet (Not Shaq size, but 14) and the fit of my fins is perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom