A day at Force Fin HQ USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hockeyfin2_bpm.jpg

hockeypool_bpm.jpg

hf_78_bpm.jpg

hockyfin_bpm.jpg

hockeymold.jpg

ff_hockey1_bpm.jpg

These are the one's I could find so far of the "Hockey Fin"

This was a day at Force Fin's Aquaquarters. We were doing some light testing on the new Tan Delta Force Fin.
bpmnewfftd2_be.jpg

I was amazed at how the new Tan Delta formula preformed! I kept Commander Shark the Clark in mind and once I was underwater I just snapped into the zone. Bob was watching me from the surface and he said it looked like I was not even moving my feet. A few quick tight kick cycles and I was across the pool in my dryusit and dragging hose behind. The maneuverability was completely unrestricted, comfortable and one that I recognized from using my Flying Force Fins. ( size and design ) I rarely will test a pair of fins without bringing my Excellerating Force Fins along. ( my LONG time favorite)
excelfftd_ghost_bpm.jpg

As I said it was a light testing, but it was enough for me to not rule out the New Tan Delta Force Fin as being as quick as the Excellerating Force Fin in light diving situations. I get a lot more energy output for the amount of energy input with the New Tan Delta formula. Currently Force Fin is pouring the new Tan Delta Formulas for the Foil Force, the Force Fin and the Hockey Fin models.

Last edited:
I got to see and feel the new Tan Delta material at Force Fin HQ a couple of weeks ago
It is INSANE!
Its just so alive and responsive...
So hard to describe.
It feels like trying FF fins for the first time all over again.
Super springy yet not hard to activate.

I cant wait to try a pair in the water.

If the Pros in the new tan Delta are as fast as the Excellerating fins. I wonder what the Excellerating are going to be like with the new Tan Delta....

Can we call it Tan Delta mark II???
Tan Delta 2?

Congratulations Bob and Co. for yet another amazing leap in diving technology!

Kabir, I am looking at the final hockey fin in glowing red on the kitchen table. XXl is ready to go into the 30 30 30 program. Size XL is next, and should hit the market within 120 days. Same goes for the other sizes, LG and ML. Your right about the material, it's alive, the hockey fin design is alive. Let's go hit the water....looks like rain here in sunny Santa Barbara.

Hello Bob & Blair

I see the colour of the new Tan Delta is similar to the PRO (opaque)
You can know the characteristics of the New Tan Delta, Stiffness / rebound ?
"Similar to Excellerating"? sounds good :amazed:

Best regards
Saludos cordiales
José

Jose, We are trying to lay low with this new material. I am playing with several designs made in different stiffness. The rebound has me flipped out, it's unreal. Your on my good list and will ship something cool when the time is right. Please send us some photo's of your dive spots so I might think about a visit....

This was a day at Force Fin's Aquaquarters. We were doing some light testing on the new Tan Delta Force Fin.

A NEW Tan Delta?? :confused: Wow.
Admittedly, it isn't quite as purty as the old, but ... hmmm.
Will love to see those in July when I visit! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom