A Cozumel Party With No Coronas- Witnessing An End Of An Era

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not a thread to debate the corona virus or hoarding of groceries. Please don't get it moved to the pub with all the others that get political and off topic around this subject. PLEASE

The reason the US and all countries are taking extreme action is to protect those who are at high risk.
Sort of. The reason is to try to keep the numbers of those who require hospitalization from exceeding the capacity of our health care system to care for them. Not all of them are in what is generally considered to be the high risk demographic.

Somebody is diving on Cozumel.

Attachments

• 1A1824E4-7449-4803-8DBB-F26DEB9AE58C.jpeg
    1A1824E4-7449-4803-8DBB-F26DEB9AE58C.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 110
Still people are diving. Very small numbers here now. I believe the port will be closed on Tuesday as all parks on Cozumel have been suspended for the time being.

Port is closed Monday

I am feeling very sad about this situation. I had planned on retiring at the end of June this year. I really wanted to come spend time on Coz-diving and just seeing it.
I went on a couple of cruises a few years ago and really wanted to spend time in one place. Coz was my first ocean diving, first clear water dive too. I grew up diving in lakes in starting in the late ‘60s. I have no excuse for not going sooner. I really hope Coz and the residents make it through this without too much pain.

I am feeling very sad about this situation. I had planned on retiring at the end of June this year. I really wanted to come spend time on Coz-diving and just seeing it.
I went on a couple of cruises a few years ago and really wanted to spend time in one place. Coz was my first ocean diving, first clear water dive too. I grew up diving in lakes in starting in the late ‘60s. I have no excuse for not going sooner. I really hope Coz and the residents make it through this without too much pain.

The fine folks of Cozumel will be happy to have you here, just as soon as it’s safe!!

It will be rough I’m sure but I have faith in everyone here!!

That scooter sounds fun. I've never even see one in the water when diving. I was considering renting one on a trip this month, but I'll have to wait to experience that awesomeness.

On another note, thanks for the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom