A change in Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I arrived back down in Boynton Beach yesterday evening and went to the Boynton Harbor Marina. I knew that Kevin had sold the Explorer but was very surprised to see a large South Florida Diving HQ boat in the slip. Apparently, they are not running yet, I have emailed them to obtain details.

Back to 4 dive boats in BB, Loggerhead, Starfish, Splashdown, and the new SFDHQ boat

Is it one of the 3 old SFDH boats or a new one?

Old ones: Black Pearl (Corinthian catamaran), Aquaview (Corinthian), and Safari Diver (single hull recently reclaimed from the ocean floor)

Is it one of the 3 old SFDH boats or a new one?

Old ones: Black Pearl (Corinthian catamaran), Aquaview (Corinthian), and Safari Diver (single hull recently reclaimed from the ocean floor)
New, big, single hull, I'll try to remember to get a photo of it when I'm at the marina tomorrow

So it's a new boat for them. Fascinating.

New, big, single hull, I'll try to remember to get a photo of it when I'm at the marina tomorrow

I saw it there 3 weeks ago when I dove with Starfish. It's a 36 Newton. It's a nice looking boat.

I saw it there 3 weeks ago when I dove with Starfish. It's a 36 Newton. It's a nice looking boat.

... and you failed to report it back to the rest of us??!! :wink:

I've never used SFDHQ before and not sure I would, but a nice 36' Newton in Boynton would be a noteworthy development.

Here is the SFDHQ boat in Boynton, named, Goliath. Dwarfs the Starfish, full, enclosed lower cabin. Looks like they intend to take out 12 or less. Nobody in Boynton puts a guide in the water, don't know about them. Four more tank clips against the cabin wall. SFDHQ has not gotten back to me regarding when they will start running.
upload_2021-9-16_21-17-33.png

upload_2021-9-16_21-23-17.png

That is a nice boat, and the lower forward cabin has A/C.
Strange part of the story is that I dove on that boat 1st week of August, with Scubatyme in Pompano!!

Scubatyme said it was their new boat and this was their 1st trip on it..

And yes they were docked right next to SFDH. The "old" Scubatyme boat was next to the Goliath and they even got some equipment and transferred over to the Goliath.

I haven"t been there since, so who knows what the real story was on that day?
Maybe they were just borrowing it due to Scubatyme being down for maintenance. I don't know why Scubatyme would say it was their new boat...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom