8 Divers missing Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news!

Absolutely wonderful news. Somebody (or something) above was definitely looking out for them and it appears that they kept their wits about them for the duration which I'm sure helped contribute to the miraculous results of the rescue search.

Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread and it's wonderful to see a happy ending for once. This is truly great news!

This is fantastic. A truely happy ending. A story to tell the grand kids. 36 hours, what if the grand kids ask if you ever peed in your wetsuit :11: ???

On the learning side, I'd like to find out what signaling devices, SMB's (color) & other safety equipment were deployed, since they stated that the helos went over them & didn't see them. We've got to figure out what works. Great idea using the camera flash as a signal.

Again, GREAT NEWS.

Wonderful news!

Ditto... Wonderful news. In real life, it's all too often a nightmare story doesn't have a good ending. I'm glad they were found.

Great News!!!

According to him the divers used flash from their cameras to alert the choppers and thats how they were discovered.

Now I have one more reason to buy 2 strobes for my camera. 2 strobes = better photos and redundant signaling device. :D

Back
Top Bottom