8 Divers missing Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news - thanks for the update. Let's hope they are ALL safe.

Great news. It's still early morning there but for rescuers to know exactly where to look, first light will bring a happy conclusion to this.

The Kurushio current ride to safety...Fantastic news!

It's only a matter of waiting for first light about 3 hours from now, and there is only one direction they can float to...North, safety and home.

Whew!

...so now that I'm in the market for a Signal Strobe for attaching to my BC, I'm picking out a Tektite model, but am seeking guidance on which color lens to buy...they offer the following colors:

Amber
Red
Green
White
Blue

...which color is best...and why ?

Thanks!

Karl

Glad they're still alive.

As a new diver this has been an incredible drama to follow. It's not over and I pray all are found safe. So many lessons in this unfortunate event. Wow.

I hope that they are all safely returned to shore as soon as possible. Hopefully none of them will be suffering any serious health problems.

Early in my diving career, more experienced divers suggested pieces of safety equipment (Dive Alert, strobe, SMB, etc.) that I have added to my set up. Hearing stories like this remind me why I do so!

Please keep us updated as the rescue efforts continue.

DAN has a good kit.

Back
Top Bottom