8 die in Cancun bar from an 'attack'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was nothing in the original article that claimed tourists were killed, nor were there. Call me when a tourist gets tagged. All countries have dangerous areas. I frequent La Parilla and La Placitas nearly everytrip. There is a place across the street that I was told to stay out of.

Is it going to continue? Hell yeah, it is. It's a cancer that continues to grow. And I agree with the previous poster, that one bullet is more effective than ANY jail sentence. OTOH, what makes you think US involvement is going to improve anything in Mexico. Look how screwed up the border is and the US govt is acting like it's not a problem. More concerned with the Hispanic vote in Nov. that doing something about the drug traffic in Southern Cal, Az, NM and Tex.

When a tourist gets popped, that will be the end of tourista dollars in Cancun. In the meantime, I agree with Lamont. Get as much diving, cenotes and food while you can. Dive, dive, dive!! I love Cancun and the many friends I have down there.

I wish I could make it this year, but the freaking plane fare is ridiculous....

:deadhorse:

:

ITS A HUGE PROBLEM. Not business as usual. It's international news, it's effecting tourism, it's effecting relations with our countries.. it goes on and on.

It's "affecting" continue on..... :popcorn:

true...the point is I am not giving them anymore of my tourist dollars. Im SO tired of hearing that the reason these goons have killed over 23,000 people is that its the US problem because we use drugs....BS and the Mexican nationals who just look the other way and try to justify these killings as OUR issue??? Please you people need to get control of your country. I for one aint going back anytime soon!

I think it's over 28,000 murders since Calderon took over

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This seems like a spirited, mostly good natured discussion. Please keep it that way. Bear in mind the forum ToS, which states
Terms of Service:
No post should exceed a "PG" rating (link). Profane, racial, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here and this includes any sort of harassment or cyber bullying. Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate permanent suspension; there is never a reason to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate; instead use the Report Bad Post button at the bottom of each post to notify us. Trolling posts or off-topic posts (hijacking) may be moderated or removed.

While it is good to understand violence in other countries for the purposes of diver and traveler safety, it is also important to avoid racially insulting and mean spirited language.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom