8/27/05 - Rock Divers (Madison Quarry)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
Anybody have any idea of current bottom temps? Trying to decide what exposure suits to bring.

Matt

Two weekends ago the temps were around 72f or a little higher.

I dove it in the top of my 5mm farmer john and a skin under it
to keep water from coming in around the legs and was plenty warm.
The two people I was diving with, one had a 3mm Henderson on
and the other had a 2 or 3mm shortie and they said they didn't get
cold.

I expect the water temps this weekend to easily be 74 to 76 on
the bottom and will most likely be diving in my 3mm full.

mike_s:
I expect the water temps this weekend to easily be 74 to 76 on
the bottom and will most likely be diving in my 3mm full.
Sounds good Mike. That is what I had planned on, just wanted to make sure I didn't get out there with a 3mm and a hood and find I should have brought my 5.. :)

Matt

octotat:
Bugman,

I'm trying to make some plans for the Labor day weekend, and was considering Gulf Shores/Pensacola area. Will it be crowded as holy heck that weekend? Would you be diving in that area at that time? I'd also need a recommendation on a cheapy roach infested motel.

Octo

One of my friends Birthday is that weekend and me and a bunch of friends will be camping, so no diving.

Its usually pretty crowded on Labor Day in our area, its considered the last weekend of summer vacation by most. Cheap hotels are hard to find on the beach, but if you don't mind a bit of a drive, you can stay in Mobile, AL for $50 a night a decent place or in Pensacola, FL for similar(just not Pensacola Beach).

Corigan:
Sorry we couldn't get together this time Mat, you know there is always next time. If you have to evac and head to pelham let me know, maybe we could hook up on some diving there. Hope everything goes well and Kat misses ya.

ABWA is about an hour from Tuscaloosa, which is where I'll evac to if the hurricane looks to come our way and is serious enough to scare me off :) I'll give you a call if I end up heading that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom