7mm wetsuit needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wtxblaze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well it looks like I'm going to have to head up to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to get a better selection on a 7mm wetsuit. I was wonder if I could get some help on the top 3 or 4 dive shops that have the greatest slection in a 7mm wetsuit.

ScubaToys would be my pick. If nothing else just from their great selection. They were very helpful when I bought mine two weeks ago. I felt like I was in a clothing department store. He kept bringing me different suits to try on. I ended up getting a Bare Arctic 7mm. Used it for the first time last weekend at the arctic dive up at Lake Murray. Loved it.

Besides, if you mention the Scubaboard, they will give you a 10% discount!:eyebrow:

I going to be using my Bare Velocity 7mm this weekend at Canyon Lake for my OW checkout dives. I'll post back on how it works!

I would be interested in knowing how much weight you needed with a 7mm wetsuit compared to what you normally use with your other wetsuit.

Willie

I just PM'd you.

I bought a Pinnacle Semi-Dry at ScubaToys 2 weeks ago so I could go to Lake Murray. Once I figured out the "rebirthing process" to get my head in and out of the hood, I've decided I really like it.

Weight... Holy cow... a ton. I dive with 4 lbs without a wetsuit, 6lbs with my shorty and 26 with the 7m semi-dry.

Definitely ScubaToys!!!

wet-willie:
I would be interested in knowing how much weight you needed with a 7mm wetsuit compared to what you normally use with your other wetsuit.

Willie

For me this is what I use in fresh water:

3mm full suit: 6-8lbs

7mm full suit: 14-16lbs

I don't wear a 7mm suit much .. Infact the only time I wore one was when my drysuit was sent off for new boots. :)

When I was diving this weekend, I was in the 7mm suit, a DSS Hog Harness, and a Faber 100, and I need 10 lbs. I guessing if I used AL80s I'd need about 14 lbs.

If the weather holds out, I'm probably heading up to Blue Lagoon this weekend, and I'll be diving at least the 7mm suit and likely a 7mm hooded vest with an AL80, so I'll report back how much weight it took to get me under!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom