750 pound Mako gaffed and killed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:thumb: Excellent :thumb:

Thanks for the input, the next time you want to have a hissy fit/political rant perhaps you should do it in the pub, and run spellcheck. Calling someone ignorant holds little value when the accuser can't form a sentence....IJS....

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Thanks for the input, the next time you want to have a hissy fit/political rant perhaps you should do it in the pub, and run spellcheck. Calling someone ignorant holds little value when the accuser can't form a sentence....IJS....
I apologize for not agreeing with you or giving you warm fuzzies for your opinion, but I just don't agree with it. In my opinion that type of thinking is short sighted and the logic behind it is seriously flawed due to a reliance on the logical fallacy that if it is legal it must be right.

In my career I have often noticed that the usual strategy in a court room when the accused has no valid defense is to just attack the credibility of the accuser or witness rather than to truly address or attempt to refute the argument being presented. It's a strategy that gets used where there is no valid defense. Based on your response I could make that assumption in this case - but I won't.

If you have a counter argument that can demonstrate that taking 750 pound Makos (or unregulated banking practrices for that matter) is in some way good for the environment, general public, etc, feel free to present it.

And be honest with yourself. If you post a pro shark hunting opinion on a forum like Scubaboard, the odds are good that someone is going to ask you to defend that opinion. It's practically a troll, so you can't claim to be a victim of injustice just because someone challenged you on it.

I apologize for not agreeing with you or giving you warm fuzzies for your opinion, but I just don't agree with it. In my opinion that type of thinking is short sighted and the logic behind it is seriously flawed due to a reliance on the logical fallacy that if it is legal it must be right.

In my career I have often noticed that the usual strategy in a court room when the accused has no valid defense is to just attack the credibility of the accuser or witness rather than to truly address or attempt to refute the argument being presented. It's a strategy that gets used where there is no valid defense. Based on your response I could make that assumption in this case - but I won't.

If you have a counter argument that can demonstrate that taking 750 pound Makos (or unregulated banking practrices for that matter) is in some way good for the environment, general public, etc, feel free to present it.

And be honest with yourself. If you post a pro shark hunting opinion on a forum like Scubaboard, the odds are good that someone is going to ask you to defend that opinion. It's practically a troll, so you can't claim to be a victim of injustice just because someone challenged you on it.

All I said was IF they killed the shark legally more power to them. You took that as an opportunity to post a poorly worded, disjointed, rant rambling from banking problems to shark fishing and culminating in name calling. Perhaps if you want to get your point across you could condense it into less than 32,498 paragraphs next time, learn to spell and maybe learn to get to the point without being overly verbose. Trying to impress everyone with your vocabulary only works if you can spell.

My two cents, you may now go back to your regularly scheduled, self aggrandizing chest thumping.

It's practically a troll, so you can't claim to be a victim of injustice just because someone challenged you on it.

A. It wasn't a troll, it was my honest opinion.

B. I hardly claimed to be a victim of injustice.

See how I was able to form a lucid post without writing a novel length response. Give it a try, it's easy!!!!

A. It wasn't a troll, it was my honest opinion.

B. I hardly claimed to be a victim of injustice.

See how I was able to form a lucid response without writing a novel length response. Give it a try, it's easy!!!!

Most of the forums will thank you for making that point.. Those 10,000 word post are too long.

I saw the shark video on the newscast in the Tampa Bay area, so the news is definitely making the rounds. Can't we just have happy news once?

define "happy news"

ps. wonder if they made shark fin soup from the fins.

I don't know how much weight a NOAA investigation will carry, but until it all pans out, those freegaffing jackalopes down there have to be a little nervous. Plus if they need an attorney, that's going to be an expensive walletectomy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom