7 missing divers - Jupiter - all found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheOnlyRae

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Coast Guard searching for missing divers off Jupiter Inlet

The Coast Guard is searching for seven missing divers off the Jupiter Inlet.

The search is focused in an area five miles off the coast.

The Coast Guard told CBS12 it has dispatched a boat and helicopter from Station Lake Worth, and resources are being sent from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The divers are with Emerald Charters, according to the Coast Guard.

NEW: Missing divers off Jupiter coast reported safe

JUPITER

Seven divers reported missing five miles east of the Jupiter Inlet on Wednesday have been reunited with their dive boat, the U.S. Coast Guard and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said.

The U.S. Coast Guard initially sent an alert that the divers were missing and that the Coast Guard and the sheriff’s office were searching the area.

Very glad to see all made it back aboard safe and sound.

Can mods change title of thread to reflect that they have been found safe? I hated clicking on this thread...

I wondered what happened - drifted away and were not using dSMB's? How did the boat "lose" them?

Dives in this area are all live boat drifts. Every charter I've been on requires the use of a DSMB with the dive guide pulling a surface buoy - some outfits make each team pull a buoy so it's hard for me to understand how such a large group would slip away from their tender.

I've been on a charter drift dive out of Jupiter (not Emerald). We didn't deploy SMBs until we surfaced. No one dragged a surface marker from 80 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom