Missing Diver Broward County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh crap! Not much info. Was he beach diving? private boat? other? solo? buddy?

Oh crap! Not much info. Was he beach diving? private boat? other? solo? buddy?
All good questions. Can't rely on local media to follow up. Will have to wait for someone with 1st hand knowledge to post.

All good questions. Can't rely on local media to follow up. Will have to wait for someone with 1st hand knowledge to post.
The article references two tanks. I do not think one would dive with two tanks when diving from shore, there, because it is super shallow. Several wrecks near there accessible by boat.

I was out yesterday in the same area, diving off the same coastline yesterday morning 24h ago on Diveboat Diversity. It was not our boat. I have friends who are regulars with Dixie Divers who runs the largest boat in the area. I have sent some messages and waiting to hear back. I'll update the thread if I hear any details. The Coast Guard also updated their tweet 5 hours after the first one that they were going to continue searching overnight.

The topside conditions were quite good, no weather around, 1-2ft seas. Underwater was another story, terrible viz about 30ft (for here) and somewhat of a strong current at times. I wish I didn't have to toe the flag around. :) I posted a few pics I took on my ig, but nothing great.

Posted on the CG twitter acct:

1687705256939.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom