7' Hose Routing wo/ Canister?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies. I did a pool session yesterday and tucked the hose into my belt. Worked great. Did a couple of OOA drills and it was easy to manipulate the hose routed this way.

I used to tuck the hose into my waist strap until I got one of those hose sticks (the Halcyon one). So much better!

I used to tuck the hose into my waist strap until I got one of those hose sticks (the Halcyon one). So much better!

+1 -- I use the Halcyon plastic hose stick also. Works great, though I had to add a retainer to my strap so I don't keep losing it when I remove my BC. :)

Yeah, I think adding a retainer is standard? I did that as well.

I have a backup mask pocket tucked back against the wing on my right side and held in place by a removable D-ring that is built into a stainless steel buckle. The long hose routes very nicely underneath it. I've not used a canister light in years but always dive a long hose.

I machined a mold for an extended weight. Works perfect for tucking the hose

72593B4C-7E81-4B2D-8CF8-F127F9FE7035.png

Now that really is something smart

but I keep my waist webbing soft and loose

I recently completed 5 days of IANTD Essentials and Cavern training for my first foray into tech diving. I loved the doubles and the gear configuration in general. The 7' hose felt great and I liked how manageable it was. I routed the 7' hose under the canister of my primary light and felt comfortable removing it for gas sharing drills and replacing it after the drill ended. I would like to continue to dive with the 7' hose, even when I dive recreationally. I do not own a canister light and likely would not wear it anyway when diving in vacation spots such as Cozumel.

It seems I have two choices. Either tuck some of the hose under the belt of my backplate on my right side or move the pocket I have which is currently on the left side of my waistbelt over to my right and tuck the hose under that.

Are there options I am overlooking? What suggestions do you have?

If you or someone you know has access to a 3D printer these work well. Super cheap, and are extremely durable. I made one with about a 70% infill and can't tell I have it on. Not sure, but I would assume it's just slightly buoyant.

Not that it's that bad, but if I ever have to print again for whatever reason I'll print it an inch or 2 longer. It hasn't failed me yet, but it "feels" slightly short.

This is my first experience with a hose retainer, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. Before I printed this I just tucked in in the waistband.

Scuba Hose stabilizer / hose holder by bmakowe
Simple Long Hose retainer (SCUBA) by jboneng

I machined a mold for an extended weight. Works perfect for tucking the hose

View attachment 536265

That looks sweet. How much does it weigh, how long is it? That's crafty! I've seen them before but 1st personal mold I've seen.

tuck it under the belt and it comes out get a pocket or a get / make a fake light canister out of 6" of piece of 2.5" pvc cut belt slots in it and there you go. Another option is to put a deep pocket in place of the light canister..

Now that really is something smart

but I keep my waist webbing soft and loose

I don't get credit for the idea, I had an indirect request from the NorCal GUE instructor. I designed the mold (this is the 3rd rev) and machined it.

That looks sweet. How much does it weigh, how long is it? That's crafty! I've seen them before but 1st personal mold I've seen.

Weights come out at about 2.5 lbs and the dimensions are below. The webbing slot is tapered and radiused. Previous versions of the mold made one at a time; I redesigned it so that we can crank them out a lot faster as we've had a lot of people requesting them. The GUE community up here is snatching them up as fast as we can make them.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom