7 ft. hose with Abyss Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the board here, and relatively new to diving. I do however, want to use the 7 ft regulator hose and the necklace octo set up for diving. I have a Mares Abyss regulator (which I know there are mixed opinions of, like anything else). Does anyone else use the 7 ft hose with this set up? If so, which one do I need? I know the hose is listed as being a 1/2" hose, but I'm not sure what the threads are on the hose. Does anyone make a kit for this particular reg that could be purchased? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Welcome to the board. All you need is a 7 foot hose with a 1/2" end fitting it shouldn't be too hard to find. we do carry them if you get stuck

Actually, a little harder hose to come up with than you think... You can't just use any 1/2 hose, as the Abyss primary port has a tube coming out the middle of it that is part of their DFC design. That hose means the Internal Diameter of the hose end has to be large enough to have that tube fit in it.

You can find them, we carry them most times... But we had to search high and low to get them... Not any 1/2 inch will work. Make sure it's a 1/2 inch with a thin wall on that end and a large ID to accomodate that little brass tube.

Thanks for the prompt response guys. I'm definatly going to be picking up one of these hoses. Your insight is invaluable. Thanks again,
Shane

Order a hose from abyss, I'm sure they have hoses to fit their own regs. I will probobly get some hoses from them in the future, so let us know what you end up with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom